Blue Tube Rocksim Data Available!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rejma0415

Reaction score
Good Morning!

Well after much grunting and groaning, I've completed the .csv files to integrate Blue Tube into Rocksim. The file is available for download on my home page. Here is all you have to do:

1. Extract the zip file into the "DATAIMPORT" folder in your Rocksim installation.
2. Launch Rocksim. It will see that there is data there and will import it into your application.

The full suite of body tubes and tube couplers will be there for you to choose from as much effort has been taken to get the calculated material density and mass amounts to be within 1% of measured values.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Randy

Randall J. Ejma
TRA 9577 L3
Always Ready Rocketry
www.alwaysreadyrocketry.com
[email protected]

That should work with RockSim 9 but it doesn't work with RockSim 7. What does work is:
Extract the .csv files to a temporary location. Locate the corresponding files in the RockSim DATA folder. They will have the same name.
Open both the original and downloaded file with a text editor. (Downloaded BTDATA and the BTDATA file in RockSim DATA folder)
You will see 1 or 2 lines of header data that's the same in both files.
Copy from the downloaded file all but this header and paste it into the corresponding file in the RockSim DATA folder.
Repeat for the MATERIAL and TCDATA files.
Save the updated original files and close all editors.
The Blue Tube information will be in the parts and material databases.

Yep I found out that from an earlier reply from a mail list.. I've since modified the "readme.txt" in the zip file for future reference.

Thanx for the heads up!

Randy

That should work with RockSim 9 but it doesn't work with RockSim 7. What does work is:
Extract the .csv files to a temporary location. Locate the corresponding files in the RockSim DATA folder. They will have the same name.
Open both the original and downloaded file with a text editor. (Downloaded BTDATA and the BTDATA file in RockSim DATA folder)
You will see 1 or 2 lines of header data that's the same in both files.
Copy from the downloaded file all but this header and paste it into the corresponding file in the RockSim DATA folder.
Repeat for the MATERIAL and TCDATA files.
Save the updated original files and close all editors.
The Blue Tube information will be in the parts and material databases.

For RockSim 7, it works the same way as v9, except that the folder was different. Instead of the "DATAIMPORT" folder, you must create a folder called "New" under the "DATA" folder. Then extract the .csv files into that "DATA\New" folder.

OK thank you.. Noted.. I will update my "readme.txt" file again to reflect the more accurate information.

You guys rock!

Randy

Does not seem to work for me.
The correct files appear in the DATAIMPORT folder, and the info seems to be there, but when I'm running the program I still don't have any AlwaysReady or BlueTube options to choose from in the database.

Possible reason? I'm still on the trial version of Rocksim (version 9). Perhaps I can't add to the database on the trial version?

Which leads to another question - if you can guide me and help me make it work, then when I do purchase/register the software, will I lose any alterations I made to it (such as this addition)?
I'll be making the purchase in about a week or so.

thanks, s6

I'm still having trouble making this work.

I've downloaded and unzipped the files, and no problems there.

I've tried simply copying those three files into the DATAIMPORT folder - they show up just fine, but RockSim seems to ignore them.

I've tried the "before V7" method (copying and pasting just the new lines of text/data into the original/existing files) - still nothing. When I open up the files (in Excel) the new lines are there, but when I'm running RockSim, the AlwaysReady/BlueTube options still don't show up.

Any help? Guidance? Kind words of encouragement? Harsh castigation and ridicule for my incompetence? Inspiring St.-Crispin's-Day-type speeches motivating me to persevere and conquer (or more likely to die face down in the mud, but with honor!)?

thanks, s6.

I'm still having trouble making this work.
. . .
Any help? Guidance? Kind words of encouragement? Harsh castigation and ridicule for my incompetence? Inspiring St.-Crispin's-Day-type speeches motivating me to persevere and conquer (or more likely to die face down in the mud, but with honor!)?

thanks, s6.

I can't offer much help, but how about some humorous inspiration.:)

https://ryansdadcomic.com/2009/03/merr/

or

"Never call a man a fool. Borrow from Him!"

Does anyone know where this data has gone too? The ARR site says it is on the "Airframes" page, but there is no link, nor is there an "Airframes" page.

Back