Blue Origin Test

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations to Blue Origin! Although I'm somewhat disappointed that they couldn't even manage to blow up the rocket when that was the expectation all along. :)

I watched it live. I found it interesting that they showed the airspeed in the upper right corner of the screen... and then they didn't. Maybe I misheard them (I *am* hard of hearing and that sort of thing is pretty common) but it sounded like they were saying that rockets would fire at the very end to slow the capsule from 15 mph (under chute) to just 3 mph before it touched down. Even going so far as to explain that there would be plenty of smoke and dust when they did so. But then, just before touchdown, the airspeed display went away and there never seemed to be much in the way of fire or smoke. So, even though they have every right to be thrilled and to call this a passing test, I sort of wonder if everything went exactly as planned.

Back