Blue Ninja and other Michael's rocket stuff

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shreadvector

Reaction score
I was in a Michael's yesterday and they had the new kits that replaced the kits that they recently discontinued, plus there were some other changes.

Two versions of the Blue Ninja were hanging on the peg. Many will recall that the orignal BN had the prismatic sticker with a clear clue outer layer that would peel off resulting in the Silver Ninja. This was superseded by a superior tube coating that did not peel off. This version was there, but a newer and yawn-inducing version was there as well. This latest version has plain blue tubes. Nothing shiny or glittery about them. Obviously they needed to change tubes due to some toy testing issue. Oh well.

The new-to-Michael's kits included the SR-71 and Eggscaliber.

I was in a Michael's yesterday and they had the new kits that replaced the kits that they recently discontinued, plus there were some other changes.

Two versions of the Blue Ninja were hanging on the peg. Many will recall that the orignal BN had the prismatic sticker with a clear clue outer layer that would peel off resulting in the Silver Ninja. This was superseded by a superior tube coating that did not peel off. This version was there, but a newer and yawn-inducing version was there as well. This latest version has plain blue tubes. Nothing shiny or glittery about them. Obviously they needed to change tubes due to some toy testing issue. Oh well.

Oh, that's gotta suck. I always liked the Blue Ninja.

I'd still buy one, even with just the blue tube. This rocket flies WELL. Even on a C11. Very well on a C11-3. Estes did a very good job on this particular one.

I saw the same thing the other day. Both SR-71 kits they had the body tubes were dented. If they're still there I may go back today and see if they'll give me a discount on them.

Oh, that's gotta suck. I always liked the Blue Ninja.

I'd still buy one, even with just the blue tube. This rocket flies WELL. Even on a C11. Very well on a C11-3. Estes did a very good job on this particular one.

I love the way the Blue Ninja flies on an E9.
They're also great for converting to dual deployment and flying with some reloadable motors. The coupler makes a nice av-bay if you have a short altimeter. I've been using one for Raven altimeter testing, so I'm happy to see they've come back.

I'll bet it was a cost issue:rolleyes:

Back