Blogs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What in the wide wide world of sports is a Blog?? :confused:

It seemed to start popping up about two months ago...or at least that is when it finally caught my attention

...to go along with that, what is a dang Ipod? My work friends tell me it is toys for geeks :p

Blog is short for Web Log - basically a diary on the internet.

Originally posted by Johnnierkt

It seemed to start popping up about two months ago...or at least that is when it finally caught my attention

...to go along with that, what is a dang Ipod? My work friends tell me it is toys for geeks :p

www.apple.com/ipod

The thing on my christmas list...:D An uber great device.:)

Originally posted by Maelstrom
What are you trying to say illini??:D

Not sure...probably why I don't blog. I wouldn't even understand my own writing! :)

Originally posted by Johnnierkt

Its a web site with almost everything on one big long page.

What used to be considered annoying has become standard, like Dylan going electric.

The blog has become the latest craze in the evolution of the "vanity" or "I love me" page. What started in the mid-90's as a way of telling the world about yourself (whether they wanted to know it or not) through pictures and stories and individual pages has devolved into a virtual stream of consciousness that all gets lumped into a single thread.

Another way of looking at it is that it's a diary/journal where people can read what you write, and sometimes respond.

For some, it's a useful way of keeping up with busy friends. For others, it's a place to vent feelings and frustrations. Some folks use them for news and announcements, not just about themselves, but about public events. Basically, it's anything you want it to be.

WW

Back