• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Blinky Lights

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smstachwick

LPR/MPR sport flier with an eye to HPR and scale
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a package of 25 of these to amortize shipping and secure a better unit price. I’ll be holding onto at least three for my own personal use, and that number may grow with attrition. But if you’re looking to convert a small payloader to a night rocket, they might be your ticket.

They do include a clip on the back side since I think they were originally supposed to be used to light up wild hairdos (I didn’t get them from a rocketry website). You’ll want to bend or remove the attachment point if you’re installing it inside a clear BT-20 equivalent plastic tube but it’s not that difficult. Smaller tubes will not fit.

Exterior mounting….you’ll have to figure that out on your own. Next time I’ll try to get the ones with stick-on magnets instead.

Replacement battery is (I think) an LR927 button cell. You might be able to get this at a CVS Pharmacy or similar, but check the supplied battery before paying for a replacement.

The two that I tested each blink green, blue, then red, followed by a brief shutoff period. You should be able to see the pattern in the attached video, even though the colors aren’t fully accurate.

If I have them with me at the range, I’ll hand them out for free. If you see me, just ask. If you’d like to set up a meeting, send a PM.

I will ship outside the SoCal region but I will ask that the recipient cover at least part of the postage if able. Send me your ZIP code so I can get a price and we’ll talk about the split.

Take as many as you need, just be courteous of other fliers. I’ll want details about your project if you’re taking more than 5 but I won’t outright refuse to make a larger shipment.

View attachment IMG_9203.mov

PM received from @Highpowerrocketyahoo . You are first in line, my guy.

Can we get a picture of the unit itself? (I might be interested)
I have this one on my camera roll already. That’s it installed in a BT-20-equivalent clear plastic tube. I’ll try to remember get a photo of the backing clip and perhaps some measurements when I get home this evening.

IMG_9205.jpeg

Anything else you need?

PM received from @Highpowerrocketyahoo . You are first in line, my guy.

I have this one on my camera roll already. That’s it installed in a BT-20-equivalent clear plastic tube. I’ll try to remember get a photo of the backing clip and perhaps some measurements when I get home this evening.

View attachment 584918

Anything else you need?
I’m thinking I put some on the shock cord(s) for better locating, especially If it gets lost in the woods or something. And on some planes that I have, I’ll PM you in a bit

Two requests confirmed, as of now eleven lights are reserved (three for me and eight for other takers). I’ll try to get shipping calcs today, ship in the next few days, and keep everyone appraised of any changes. Ship date will depend on what I have going on for work but I don’t anticipate more than a week from today.

If I don’t get a picture of the clip and the measurements by the end of this evening, somebody give me a good smack.

IMG_9214.jpeg
IMG_9215.jpeg

IMG_9218.jpeg

Measurements:

A bit more than 1/2 inch wide and 1 1/4 inch tall with clip extended, about 5/8 inch wide and 3/4 inch tall with clip retracted.

If yours don’t turn on when you get them, screw off the backing of the offending unit and check battery orientation (negative side needs to touch positive side for activation). I’ve had to reverse a few of them to keep them from activating uncommanded after removing the paper tab.

I still have not yet found a practical way to remove the clip.

(EDIT): I found a way, but I suggest you be more careful than I was. And yes, this is exactly what it looks like.

IMG_9219.jpeg

Last edited:
Three packages shipped! Takers @Highpowerrocketyahoo @Voyhager3 @OC-Patrick , check your DMs if you haven’t already.

I’ll run inventory on the remaining lights this evening.

For future takers, shipment of five lights or less in a bubble wrap envelope, to the opposite coast no less, ran below $8.

@boatgeek has four booked. I also took another to round out the project, after another member gave me an idea for an additional attachment point.

20 are claimed, 5 are available.

Order book is currently empty, all packages shipped. Bumping thread.

The five remaining may disappear at DART’s launch on Sunday, so if you want any, get your request in quick.

Not really. My wife was at the window waiting for other packages. The postman literally threw the bubble envelope and 3 other boxes about 4-5 feet onto the porch according to her. The lights are fine and work great - the lights being small and lightweight in bubblewrap was good, don't know about what was inside the other boxes though.

Not really. My wife was at the window waiting for other packages. The postman literally threw the bubble envelope and 3 other boxes about 4-5 feet onto the porch according to her. The lights are fine and work great - the lights being small and lightweight in bubblewrap was good, don't know about what was inside the other boxes though.
My postman gently sets everything down next to the door. Probably because he remembers me snipping off his pinky and tell'n him his thumb is next the last time he tossed my loot down.
🤣

I went to the field today and had to replace/cannibalize some of my lights after two flights. @fyrwrxz took the remainder. The order of 25 is now marked as sold.

I’ll post again if I decide to order more. These seemed pretty popular and once I got them dialed in, they worked fine.

Back