Blades Goony patterns

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blades

Reaction score
I'll kick things off with my Sky Goon. It's definitely the favorite of all my Goonies, it boosts straight and glides well. For a little extra excitement, you can put her up on a D13 reload and really watch her scoot.
If you need better resolution for decals, PM me with your email address and I can send you the PDF I worked up.

View attachment 1761

View attachment 1762

Sky Goon patterns.jpg

Sky Goon Instructions.jpg

Next, we have the Cherokee Goon. As with Phred's Goons, the end of the motor mount should fit flush with the end of the body tube.

Cherokee Goon.jpg

Blades, the Goon Phoenix is one of the coolest I've seen yet. I had seen you post back on the old forum and wanted to ask for the patterns. So this is perfect!

Does Phred make the decals for the Phoenix?

Thanks for posting them!

Blades, the Goon Phoenix is one of the coolest I've seen yet. I had seen you post back on the old forum and wanted to ask for the patterns. So this is perfect!

Does Phred make the decals for the Phoenix?

Thanks for posting them!

The decals are a straight downscale from the originals. I printed them out myself on decal paper from Micromark. Since the Goony isn't as long as the actual Phoenix, it takes a little playing around to get the decals to fit, in fact, there were a few I just had to skip.

The decals are a straight downscale from the originals. I printed them out myself on decal paper from Micromark. Since the Goony isn't as long as the actual Phoenix, it takes a little playing around to get the decals to fit, in fact, there were a few I just had to skip.

Also, it's built on the standard length B Bertha tube length correct? With 1/8 fins?

Sorry for the twenty questions..

Also, it's built on the standard length B Bertha tube length correct? With 1/8 fins?

Sorry for the twenty questions..

No problem. :) I started with a Baby Bertha (7 1/2" BT). Everything, with the exception of the decals, came from that kit. There's plenty of empty space on the 3/32" balsa webbing to cut out the fins for the Phoenix.

Latest posts

Back