Blacksky ARRD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ursa_Major

Reaction score
Hi all,

first post on here after lurking for an age.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of an ARRD from please? I've had a look around the main vendors I've used, with no joy, and Google ain't my friend on this one, unfortunately...

Thanks

G.

Thanks Jim!

Scott just came back to me with the same information too. Time to place an order.

G.

Originally posted by Ursa_Major
Hi all,

first post on here after lurking for an age.

G.

I thought you blokes from Lincolnshire were poachers not lurkers :p

Think you'll like it here then?

'Appen I might just 'ang around for a while! :D

Very civilised in here, and fantastic sig/noise ratio too.

I've been lurking for a year or more, but only got round to registering last month.

As for this 'poacher' business, nobody saw me do anything, so it couldn't have been me, Guv! it must have fallen down the stairs, honest...

L3's on hold until we get the UK AP situation sorted out properly, so no Saturn V flight at KLOB unfortunately. It's been a blessing in disguise, as I fly out on my jollies on the 27th anyway, so things would have been a bit rushed.

I'll probably have a heavy rail system built by UKRA to take the Saturn, which is currently weighing in at about 70lbs, so it'll be a nice low flight to about 4k on an M1400, which is what I wanted as an antidote to neckache from Hugh's L3 outta sight beast.

Have fun!

G.

Originally posted by Ursa_Major

the Saturn, which is currently weighing in at about 70lbs, so it'll be a nice low flight to about 4k on an M1400,
Have fun!

G.

Large + Low + Slow = Fire, noise and spectacle (Rocket science according to Brian :D )

The ARRD is available directly from Black Sky (www.blacksky.safeshopper.com) or call Scott Bartel at (760) 730-3701. I'm lucky since I live near Scott so I just walked into his office and bought one! I haven't used it yet but it looks bulletproof and I'm designing a project to incorporate it as we speak. Good luck!

It's ARRD and it stands for Advanced Retention and Release Device .
It is a pyro activated device mainly used in dual deployment were a drouge chute dploys at apogee and the main chute is held in place by the ARRD until it is released at a lower altitude.
And Welcome to the forum:D

Back