BLACKHAWK ALTIMETER found....teenie tiny one!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At LDRS I put the Pico Blackhawk in a Wildman Jr with a J-520 CTI 6grain xl. Flew the fincan only with a streamer for recovery [Topflight 4x60]

We have done a lot of this at launches. I.E. flown small rockets without the payload section and altimeter bay. Makes for quick flying with out all the prep.

It's great fun and easy to just tape this tiny altimeter to the shock cord next to the tracker. Now we know how high these things are going. Before mostly counted on Rocksim for estimates.

This flight went 9828ft! Hit the Playa very hard but the tiny altimeter came through just fine.

Beta testing is officially over and look for the official announcement on Wildmans website soon. Wildman rocketry will be selling them .

They are available and in stock now. Battery just slides in a built in holder on the back. total weight is 2.8 grams with the battery, which if removed after flight should be good for 5-15 flights depending on how long it sits on the pad and how long it takes to recover rocket. They are accurate to 40,000 ft and read altitude only.

Selling price is 40.00 Call and ask if you want one. Takes a little time to get them on the website.

I flew my Altimeter One yesterday. It was a low altitude flight. The fields in my area are small, and I didn't want to loose my electronics on their first flight. I simply attached the AltOne to the nose cone shock cord. I also attached a small "How High" altimeter from Apogee. I got 350' on the AltOne and 351' "HowHigh"

The AltOne is a great little device for short money. You can check out the vids of the launches on my website at https://andysnuthouse.com/.

I flew my Altimeter One yesterday. It was a low altitude flight. The fields in my area are small, and I didn't want to loose my electronics on their first flight. I simply attached the AltOne to the nose cone shock cord. I also attached a small "How High" altimeter from Apogee. I got 350' on the AltOne and 351' "HowHigh"

The AltOne is a great little device for short money. You can check out the vids of the launches on my website at https://andysnuthouse.com/.

Unfortunately I don't think you got one of these we are discussing. This is the Pico Blackhawk. You have the Altimeter one and the How High, both of which are also fine little altimeters. Go back to the first few thread and see the pictures.

I sent an email to the company asking about buying this altimeter, and have not heard anything back from them
i really want one.

I sent an email to the company asking about buying this altimeter, and have not heard anything back from them
i really want one.

Thanks Jim for testing this altimeter.
I hooked up with Jim at NERRF to see how things were.
He was having fun with this little guy....The altimeter I mean ;)

I am in the midst of a move and my emails are having issues.

Anyway, with my LDRS project complete I will have time to update the web page and get some things cleaned up.

I like Jims idea of naming it the PICO BS.... I mean PICO BH :p

Like he said, Timmy is stocking them and I need to add them to the web page.

Wish I could just quit my day job but then when would I find time to surf the web?

Robert DeHate
PICO Altimeters
Animal Motor Works

I"m also interested in getting one. I checked the wildman rocketry website, but could not see it there.

I'm hoping that its possible to ship one to Canada - otherwise I'll have to make a friend in Washington State who will buy one for me so I can pick it up at the Rolling Thunder launch in Dayton WA in September.

I"m also interested in getting one. I checked the wildman rocketry website, but could not see it there.

I'm hoping that its possible to ship one to Canada - otherwise I'll have to make a friend in Washington State who will buy one for me so I can pick it up at the Rolling Thunder launch in Dayton WA in September.

Like the motor situation, there is just so much to keep adding to the website, it's hard to keep up.
I assure you though, a quick call to Wildman will get you one. He has them in stock. 40 bucks and they work great!

If you have any questions, I have done very extensive testing using it on small low power all the way up to extreme high power, and will be happy to address any issues you may have.

I have loaned it out to any and all that wanted to fly it and we only have one small issue. That being with Warp -9 loads. The thrust is so violent there is a tendency for the battery to lose contact. But an easy fix. Just shim the battery in the holder with the tip of a toothpick or similar object, so it can't budge and the problem was solved. Not to scientific but that's all it took and then Warps are a piece of cake. For everything else there have been NO issues, even after being submerged in a lake for 2 hours, a quick rinse with clean water, dry it out and all was fine.

Last edited:
Any news on a further supply? I'd like to have one for a launch at the end of the month, if possible....

I am looking for one too...not on Wildman website or Pico Altimeters...

Yes, I know, time to call.

Back