Black Start Voyager Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjh1

Reaction score
I didn't see another build of this model so I thought I would people a heads up.

20170604_150244.jpg

The instructions for this model are extremely poor. I recommend that you take the time to identify all the part before starting because it is very hard to determine from the step instructions.

20170521_121041.jpg

It's weird but the main body tube and the engine mount are the same diameter and joined by the the engine block which more like a thick stage coupler.

View attachment 321380

There have been a couple of others (most recently, Nytrunner's), but it's good to see another. However, your images aren't working.

Woo, another Blackstar!
Be sure and take your time with this thing, It demands respect.

I ended up spending a month building mine, and another doing the cosmetics. It was worth it though!
It still hasn't flown cuz I'm not sure I want to send it on a D12, but I definitely DON't want to use an E12....

I didn't see another build of this model so I thought I would people a heads up.

If you view this place using an old fashioned pc/web brower you can scroll down and get a nice Similar Threads list:

TRF Black_Start_Voyager.jpg

Searching this place using a search engine rather than the forum search function almost always give better results:

search TRF.png

The instructions for this model are extremely poor. I recommend that you take the time to identify all the part before starting because it is very hard to determine from the step instructions.

Yes, the Estes international hieroglyphics are quite challenging. BTW if you rotate your pictures (left, right, straighten, save) before posting they will display the way you want. I did this with MS Paint:

BSV instructions.jpg

Sorry, I don't have any hints for mobile device users. :blush:

Back