• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Black Star Voyager 2.5X Upscale Scratch Built G10, 54mm, fiberglass one-off build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyD

Reaction score
For sale is a somewhat historic build done by an east-coast L3 flier. Historic because this kit was designed and built to exacting 2.5 times upscaled specifications of the Estes kit BEFORE the Estes kit was even released for sale.

This rocket was also flown at Red Glare in Maryland a few months ahead of the December release of the Estes kit in 2012 I believe. It has a number of flights under its belt and shows some wear to the paint, so a buyer will either fly this rocket as is, or refinish it to its original glory with new paint and decals.

Standing over 8.5 feet tall, this 4" diameter build features a 54mm fiberglass motor mount that will handle a 6XL CTI case with ease (and should also handle the LOKI 54/4000 case that's about 40" long and takes an M-motor), 1010 rail buttons (could go to 1515) LOC aircraft plywood centering rings (1/4"), fiberglass airframe, custom-cut G10 parts for all the detail fins on this rocket, and 3D printed strakes on the upper airframe. Nosecone is plastic. The rocket has an AV bay in the transition section and is set up for dual-deployment with a 24" Spherachutes drogue, and a 72" Spherachutes main chute attached by 3/8" Kevlar and nylon shock cords. Both chutes and the altimeter are included with the sale.

RockSim file for the build is included in the sale detailing this rocket down to the last part. PM for more information or additional photos.

$650 shipped to the lower 48 (note that much of the cost is in packaging and shipping this colossal, one-of-a-kind rocket). Paypal Friends and Family only please. Thank you.

IMG_4169.JPG IMG_4170.JPG IMG_4171.JPG IMG_4172.JPG IMG_4173.JPG IMG_4174.JPG IMG_4187.JPG IMG_4192.JPG IMG_4189.JPG

Last edited:
Price lowered to $900 with shipping included, OR make me a reasonable offer. This rocket WILL be sold eventually...

Price lowered to $500 shipped - I REALLY, REALLY need to move this out - taking up way too much room for a kit that I don't need...

Back