Black Knights Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to share with everyone my first launch to Mach 1+ Contrary to what the description of the video says, the rocket has been found, not sure of the condition yet as DB has yet to pick it up.
Hopefully the av bay is intact and I'll be able to confirm the max altitude and velocity soon.

I am hoping to repeat this with another CF rocket at the next Black Knights meet on 19th October

Many, many thanks to Mike Nestor who took the video without my knowledge :)

Anyway the link is here:
[video=youtube;hNtxLvB1H0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtxLvB1H0w[/video]

Very nice! :)

Got any pictures of the rocket?

Hi scsager,

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of that rocket, but I have a picture of a very similar one. The original was just clear coated carbon fibre whereas this has a painted nose and tail. I am hoping to launch this one this month.
The white one on the left is a PML D-Region Tomahawk which has been launched loads of times.

rockets.jpg

Nice! Can you share a bit more about this Mach 1 rocket? Diameter? What motor? Weight? Hope you'll fly it at EARS one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I have attached a rocksim file, basically it is a 38mm minimum diameter all carbon fibre rocket, with a raven altimeter for dual deploy and kevlar shock cords. Deploys a 12 inch drogue at apogee and an 18 inch main chute at 400ft. Flight time approx 2 minutes.

I simmed it with Cesaroni J290 White, I216 Classic, I350 Smokey Sam and I540 White Thunder, all go over Mach 1.

For a bit of fun, can you work out which motor I used from the video?

View attachment mongoose38_cf2.rkt

Very nice launch.Great looking builds you have.I like your Loc Big Nuke.I'm lucky to have Loc only 12 miles from me.I visit Barry a couple times a year.I'm like a kid in a candy shop,all those kits and never enough cash.Barry always shows me what's new around his shop.Very cool person.Glad you have your rocket back.

Back