Black Friday

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippen

Reaction score
Is anyone venturing out this morning, or already out there in the craziness?

I'd planned on making a trip to Guitar Center to look for a keyboard but am thinking now I'm not too keen on a 45 minute drive given how fast the doorbusters run out.

My wife and I looked through the adds yesterday and neither of us found anything that we couldn't live without. We thought that since the kids are all at their grandparents for the long weekend, that IF we decided to go out at all and IF we decided to do any shopping, then we'd wait until afternoon when more of the crazy people have already gone home and back to bed. ;)

I like to go out and watch the craziness, but I wouldn't even dream of buying anything today.

I'm working today.... emergency services dispatch. I'm cleaning up the aftermath of Black Friday (very little hopefully!) :y:

Let's all be safe out there.... :blush:

I worked two Black Fridays at a Toys R Us my mom worked at
2000 was a lot of fun
2001 every one was cranky and it wasn't as much fun
since then I don't do Black Friday.

I wound up going out mid-morning,--I didn't figure I'd get any great deals on what I was after but I did want to get some shopping done. The sporting goods store was really busy, the bookstore had medium traffic, and the instrumental music shops were dead quiet. I wound up buying some books and then since the music shops didn't have what I wanted I placed an order with Musician's Friend. I just checked my email and had a notice that the order is ready to ship.

And to think I nearly drove 45 minutes and back for that item...

I work at Target. This time of the year I am part of the "Toy" team. Store opened at 5am, Got to sleep in a bit. There was a lot more people this year, but I think it was less hetic. The lines was much longer though. The main register line went down literally every main aisle of the store o_O. Some good deals, like a 40 inch 1080p HDTV for under $500 which I would of got if I had the money to replace the 26" 720P I have not liked since I got it and really should of returned when I had the chance...

I work @ Target, and I got to work the opening shift on Black (green) Friday, which for me was 5:00 AM.:y: I work in Electronics, it was crazy ! :bangpan: I didn't move from my spot for 2 hours. I don't think that some Guests even knew what they were throwing stuff in their carts. At one time there was a one hour wait to check out, and the line wrapped almost around the perimeter of the store. It was fun watching, and I can't wait until next year.

I don't go out on Black Friday, ever. I worked this year from home, didn't even want to hassle with the roads.

Oh, I did buy my first reloadable rocket motors from BRS Hobbies, but that was a planned purchase. They showed up today, amazing service...

Not me. Most of the places I shop at end in "htm" anyway... :D

Heard an interesting trivia answer the other day... Apparently Black Friday is *not* the busiest shopping day of the year (I always thought it was). That day is the Saturday before Christmas.

Who knew? :)

I work @ Target, and I got to work the opening shift on Black (green) Friday, which for me was 5:00 AM.:y: I work in Electronics, it was crazy ! :bangpan: .

I don't think I'd cope very well with that job! Although I did teach high school and some days it got pretty crazy around there.

Well, I could easily have had a Black Friday Red Aftermath. I just signed up for online banking and noticed that the payroll check I'd deposited Wed morning hadn't been credited to my account. Thankfully I didn't have time to write bills or I would have a real mess on my hands.

I'm off now to the branch office since they couldn't help me over the corporate phone line. What if I'd have been traveling?

I kind of want too! :D I might have to get a Green Monkey Aerospace set.

Ben
Oooo, 13 mm reloadables. :cool: :cool: :cool:

I wonder what would be the largest motor in total impulse that you could create in the 13mm diameter format? D? E? F?

MarkII

Last edited:
Oooo, 13 mm reloadables. :cool: :cool: :cool:

I wonder what would be the largest motor in total impulse that you could create in the 13mm diameter format? D? E? F?

MarkII

G if I was Mike fisher. he made a 38mm L

Ben

I bought a new phone, a BlackBerry Tour on black friday. It wasn't on sale but I had to get a new phone to replace the lost one.

black friday is also called "national buy-nothing day". we stayed home & entertained ourselves, nearly made it through the entire day, but at about 4:30PM the car dealer called and said the van we ordered had arrived & could I come to pay for it. so I am not sure if I won or lost on that.

I almost never go out on Black Friday but a couple of years back, Michaels had a coupon for 60% off from 6 - 8 am and one for 50% off from 8 - 10 am.

I went to the store at 7:50 and bought a Blast-off pack for 60% off, went and put it in my car, and then went back in and bought another Blast-off pack at 50% off and was on my way home at 8:05.

They never repeated that coupon offer again.

Back