Black Friday Plans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be working all weekend. Most years, if I'm not working I try to go skiing. This year, I don't see any of the Michigan ski hills within a reasonable drive will be open until next weekend or later

Building something...it only depends on my whim. I have an HO scale Doodlebug locomotive to kitbash...or a Revell 1:24 scale Datsun 510 to build...or an Estes Mercury Redstone. The one on my mind when I wake up wins. Sometimes unemployment has its percs...

I'll be reverse engineering an emergency light circuit board and making a schematic. One of dozens of units at work failed. I've checked the zener diodes, diodes, a triac, the relay, and the transformer and all are good. I'm about to check (2) 2N2222 transistors and put it away for the evening. I'm pretty sure that the battery is weak and that's why the relay was chattering. Just one time I wish I could look at something and think - "that's just going to have to stay broke, lets buy a new one". I can't do it...

I also need to get on the roof and check some things out, remove a broken limb, not fall off and dent the ground... that sort of thing.

If you are associated with SOAR or whoever is handling the website, let them know that a random person in NC complements them on a clean implementation and nice presentation of the information. If they'd just make google maps make it take a lot less time to get there, I'd love to fly with them, but I have all of the the info I'd need to know to do so.

Sandy.

If you are associated with SOAR or whoever is handling the website, let them know that a random person in NC complements them on a clean implementation and nice presentation of the information. If they'd just make google maps make it take a lot less time to get there, I'd love to fly with them, but I have all of the the info I'd need to know to do so.

Sandy.
https://gritslaunch.com/contact/

Staying inside, possibly having the guy who's buying my HF ham radio to come by and get it. then I get to take that money and take it to the bank and apply it towards the car loan which I'm trying to pay off, and that will relieve us of $230 a month payments. we haven't been making ends meet 4 the past 7 years since I had to quit work and went on Social Security which really sucks if you are making any type of mortgage or rent payments.

We are celebrating Thanksgiving at my MIL's home, and it's going to be great!!

Additionally, I'll be dropping an order to Rocketman Parachutes and building my second order for WMR.

Staying inside.... weather is a little yucky for my tastes.

Re-level the print surface on my 3D printer and put up the Christmas tree, the Christmas season does start the day AFTER Thanksgiving. Putting up the tree does require re-arranging the living room a bit. Absolutely zero shopping tomorrow, as much as I would love to spend some money with my favorite rocketry vendors.

Similar here. Helping to get decorations out of the attic, but also going to work on the starter on the lawn mower if it is somewhat nice outside. Also might try to figure out why the turkey fryer didn't hit temp today. Guessing it is dirty or the air intake pipe might have had something stuck in it. Turkey was tastey and cooked to proper temperature, but took too long and skin was slimy. . .not ideal for a fried turkey. Sandwiches will be fine for sure, but skin is going in the trash.

Sandy.

Cleaning my 54mm and 75mm hardware and wiping down my rockets from the QCRC club launch last weekend.

Trying to finish my C++ homework that I cannot seem to get to work. :mad:

Two things I am not looking forward to doing but two things that I need to get done. 😕

Similar here. Helping to get decorations out of the attic, but also going to work on the starter on the lawn mower if it is somewhat nice outside. Also might try to figure out why the turkey fryer didn't hit temp today. Guessing it is dirty or the air intake pipe might have had something stuck in it. Turkey was tastey and cooked to proper temperature, but took too long and skin was slimy. . .not ideal for a fried turkey. Sandwiches will be fine for sure, but skin is going in the trash.

Sandy.
Depending on where you are Sandy, I too fry turkeys, and my biggest challenge is cold and wind. 40°F and a 15mph wind can be enough to knock the temps way down on that large of a pot. In years past I have had to put up plywood wind blocks around my turkey fryer or even at full burner it wouldn't keep the temps high enough. My ideal temp is 325°F to cook, and the bird goes in when the oil is at 375°F, the temp drops down and should stay above 300°F or I start to worry. This year I had zero wind and temps over 50°F easy peasy to keep the oil at 325.

I'll be shopping the rocketry online sales. I'm going to look at fiberglass rockets. It would be my first. I also will be trying to buy a couple of MW RRC3's.
My first fiberglass rocket was a Black Friday deal from Madcow Rocketry. A Viper. If I was in the market for a new fiberglass kit this year I would consider Composite Warehouse as well. Both have been good to work with in the past. Post what you purchased!

Did some (online) shopping. Now I'm going to rest and try to get over this cold. Picked up an Eggfinder system, a Black Aero case for it, and some electrical bits and an eggfinder sled from Lab Rat. All for my level 3.

I wasn't planning to pick up any rocket kits, but when I saw that Composite Warehouse had the Airstrike 3829 for $40, I couldn't pass on that deal after missing out on it back on the 12th.

Same as almost any other Friday for the last 33 years: over to Kroger for the weekly grocery shopping. It was pretty quiet for a Black Friday.

Gotta go back there later today to gas up and fill five gas cans.

Back