Black Estes Bullpup

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronstancil

Reaction score
I think a BLACK Estes Bullpup 12d would be sexy looking - the only problem would be to make the White decals for the black body - I have an old Alps microdry printer that can print white, but don't have the skills to make a decal set -

Anybody out there care to take a shot?

https://plans.rocketshoppe.com/estes/est1972/est1972f.jpg
You could try to learn how to use GIMPshop, a free GNU ImageManipulationProgram-shop type program.

The problem with a scanned image, like the one linked above is the poor quality may make it kind of tough to simply swap colors, if you zoom in you can see the colors are not quite solid in some patches, but there are some ways to set thresholds for the color based selection filters, etc. It may take some skill, or it may just be easier to re-draw the portions with vector graphics, using the scanned image to trace them. InkScape is a good tool for redrawing simple types of decals in higher vector quality, which is handy for upscales later on. But it may be hard to find text fonts that exactly match the originals, like the blocked or stencil letters.

If you are able to do a color swap in something like GIMP, first you have to deal with the white background, so maybe use green as a temporary color. Set all the white background to green. Then you can change the black portions to white, and then make the green transparent. Not sure what the file you need to send to the ALPS printer should look like, but that is one approach.

You might be able to find some YouTube tutorials on how to use GIMP to change one color to another color in an image file.

Good luck!

I think a BLACK Estes Bullpup 12d would be sexy looking - the only problem would be to make the White decals for the black body - I have an old Alps microdry printer that can print white, but don't have the skills to make a decal set -

Anybody out there care to take a shot?
Tom at Tango Papa Decals, he was creating numerous kit decals, 484-767-8731 , https://www.tangopapadecals.com/

Latest posts

Back