Black Bird Zero

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbital

Reaction score
Based on Blue Bird Zero..

It's 2" mail tube with Carbon fiber coverd Basswood fins. They turned out really nice.. The nosecone is turned Styro vacuum bagged with 2 layers of 12 oz fiberglass using epoxy resin from US Composites. Not bad for my first one.. Piston ejection.. Designed to fly on a G80-10T..

Getting close to done...

Originally posted by Stones
Excellent! I like the color scheme too.

Well no paint yet.. I was thinking painting it like the Blue Bird but black in place of blue..

I am still filling the tube spiral..

Oh forgot to say it has a 38mm motor tube for use with a Pro38 single grain motor...

I love the Carbon look..please don't paint the fins!

With those reinforcements, you could probably fly it on an H153 Pro motor for your L1.

Looks great!

I fully agree with DPatell about the fins. Gotta leave the raw carbon look.

Originally posted by Orbital
Well no paint yet.. I was thinking painting it like the Blue Bird but black in place of blue..
Must just be my monitor colors but, it looks like a nice cream colored BT with an off shade of olive drab/gray for the NC and the carbon on the fins has a touch of a dark rust color to them. I like it. :cool:

No way.. I am not painting the fins.. I was going to change the color of the original fin decals to white so they would contrast nicely against the carbon fiber..

Back