BJAAM Performance Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDSrocdoc

BJAAM Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello to all, this is Brian Morrison and I wanted to introduce myself and company, BJAAM Performance Rocketry to The Rocketry Forum! I started BJAAM Performance two years ago launching my first product called the “Rocketsok”, a 100% heavy cotton sock to help protect airframes during travel and storage through a partnership with the SackUps company, the original inventor of the gun sock. Since then I’ve grown the company to supply several other support items we all need at some point in our hobby of rocketry, mainly in motor cleaning supplies. I am also an authorized dealer for the Marco Polo tracking units by Eureka. During my “spare time” I’m a full time practicing dentist located in the heart of the Ozarks, in West Plains Missouri. I’m also an active mentor for two area TARC teams, and many of my products have been inspired and field tested extensively by those teams in the field! I am a member of both Tripoli and NAR and hold my L2 certification with both organizations. For more information about the company and the products I offer please feel free to visit my website at www.rocketsok.com!

These Rocketsok's look awesome . The past manufacture of RocketSock's did not have flared areas for the fins and that was always my biggest displeasure . Great job !!

These Rocketsok's look awesome . The past manufacture of RocketSock's did not have flared areas for the fins and that was always my biggest displeasure . Great job !!
Thank you, yes that was my goal to cover the fin can area easily. The flair on both models should be large enough to cover most configurations. That was the hard part in developing this as there are so many fin variations. Unfortunately that flair is what drives the manufacturing cost up but that's what makes the product!!

great looking products! Working up my first order now.

Got my first order and love the products. Ordered a number of items:

- Got a full rocket sock for a 4" Darkstar Dual Deploy. Got an FC-436 for the Booster and made sure to include the nosecone when I measured for the payload bay, so ended up with an RS-48. Both worked perfectly. Will put some tape on the nosecone tip to ensure it doesn't poke a hole in the end of the sock. Great product - Sold.
RocketSocks.jpg

- Got one of the motor case covers - a 226 - to try it out. Works great. Fit a bunch of cases up to 54mm no problem. Only suggestion I might make on the case covers for a future version is to add a blank label area (either a sewn on label or a blank area silk screened on) to be able to write which motor case is in the sock. Would make it easier later on to pick the right motor case out of the pile. This is easily remedied - I wrote it on the white rocket silk screened on the sock, but it would be cool if there was a dedicated label area. Another great product - sold.

- Finally, I tried out their case cleaning brushes and solvent. Just did a launch last weekend, so perfect timing. Great brushes. Worked like a charm. Good stiffness on the bristles to clean out motor gunk. Solvent worked well. I got the "kit" which came with a handle and an extension rod, but it didn't include any couplers (didn't realize they were sold separately) so I couldn't attach the handle to the rod or brush. Luckily, I had some 5/16"-18 couplers around the shop and fixed that issue. Just realize that if you buy the kit, you don't get any couplers and you need them to attach the handle to the extension rod. Again - great brush - sold.

These products are exactly the type of thing my family can give for Christmas presents, birthdays, etc. They always want to buy me rocket stuff, but, frankly, it is difficult for them to figure out what I may need. For this, I made a list of all the different socks and products I could use and handed them to my household commander and told her to just pick stuff off the list for presents - I will pretty much always be able to use "one more".

Good stuff.

Got my first order and love the products. Ordered a number of items:

- Got a full rocket sock for a 4" Darkstar Dual Deploy. Got an FC-436 for the Booster and made sure to include the nosecone when I measured for the payload bay, so ended up with an RS-48. Both worked perfectly. Will put some tape on the nosecone tip to ensure it doesn't poke a hole in the end of the sock. Great product - Sold.
View attachment 460075

- Got one of the motor case covers - a 226 - to try it out. Works great. Fit a bunch of cases up to 54mm no problem. Only suggestion I might make on the case covers for a future version is to add a blank label area (either a sewn on label or a blank area silk screened on) to be able to write which motor case is in the sock. Would make it easier later on to pick the right motor case out of the pile. This is easily remedied - I wrote it on the white rocket silk screened on the sock, but it would be cool if there was a dedicated label area. Another great product - sold.

- Finally, I tried out their case cleaning brushes and solvent. Just did a launch last weekend, so perfect timing. Great brushes. Worked like a charm. Good stiffness on the bristles to clean out motor gunk. Solvent worked well. I got the "kit" which came with a handle and an extension rod, but it didn't include any couplers (didn't realize they were sold separately) so I couldn't attach the handle to the rod or brush. Luckily, I had some 5/16"-18 couplers around the shop and fixed that issue. Just realize that if you buy the kit, you don't get any couplers and you need them to attach the handle to the extension rod. Again - great brush - sold.

These products are exactly the type of thing my family can give for Christmas presents, birthdays, etc. They always want to buy me rocket stuff, but, frankly, it is difficult for them to figure out what I may need. For this, I made a list of all the different socks and products I could use and handed them to my household commander and told her to just pick stuff off the list for presents - I will pretty much always be able to use "one more".

Good stuff.

Wanted to post an update on this - Brian from Rocketsok got in touch with me and explained that the stud in the handles is removeable so you can either attach it directly to the brush or to an extension rod if you remove the stud - no coupler required. The only time you need couplers is if you want to connect multiple extension rods.

Really superb design and excellent customer service to follow up like that. Recommended.

Would like to add my recommendation for BJAAM. I've had the pleasure of knowing Brian for about 6 years now, as we fly in the same club, and he is a great individual. If he is selling something, you can rest assured he has done his research and the product is sound. Both my wife and I have purchased RocketSoks, for her L1 cert rocket, and myself for my L2 cert attempt. Although we inadvertently ordered the wrong size for the wife's Hi-Tech, Brian exchanged it for us for no charge. He is a valuable member of our club, and is always ready to answer questions or help someone out.

I can't comment about his dentistry skills, and frankly I just don't want to know, LOL.

I have been using gun socks on rockets up to 4" diameter for years after seeing them in Wallyworld. The flair to cover the fins is a nice touch.

Got tired of the clank clank of motor casings; ordered last night.

Great! They should be on their way today!
Glad I’m not the only one who was tired of listening to those things rattle around!!
I appreciate your business. Thank you again.

Back