Bittersweet deal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotte

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Needed some Estes C6-3s to launch eggs with my 5 year old today, and I decided to visit a local hobby shop that I hadn't been to in a bit. It's an old place, cash or personal check (!) only, but it's run by wonderful folks and they have good stuff. Or had good stuff. I got there and saw the "going out of business sale" sign, everything 40% off. Went in and found the rocketry section pretty well picked over. After chatting with the owner for a bit, he offered me the rest of the rocketry supply section for $50 (I negotiated the price up a bit from there...) No kits left but good stuff regardless. And I got the C6-3s :)

Best of luck to the Thompson family on their retirement. And thanks for stocking me up!

586E42AB-6BFB-4017-B242-448A44F8287C_1_105_c.jpeg

You did good!

(I'm still working through the stash of early 90s Quest B6-2s that I got close out from a local shop. Tiger tail igniters 4evr.)

I loved that place. It was a little drive from the south side of town, but I got there once or twice a year until a couple of years ago. I was wondering how long their business model would support them with the specialty RC stores and Internet ordering. I guess I have my answer now.
Best wishes to the Thompsons.

Back