Birds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and pictures
twlEJaV.png

And this red bellied woodpecker just hanging around:
DSCN5156_cr.jpg
And this lovely scarlet tanager stopped by with a friend one day. The friend kept hanging around, but this one was in some kind of distress, and unfortunately passed away shortly after this picture was taken. Which wasn't nearly as bad as the time an ill turkey vulture wandered onto our land and died.
DSCN4622_cr.jpg

And I've had as many as 50 of these at a time:
DSCN4518_cr.jpg
Hey girls! Hey girls! Over here! C'mon sweeties!

Then we watch the hens and chicks grow all summer. Almost had a "National Geographic" moment one year when a red fox got in the midst of them, but the three hens raised a fuss and the chicks flew off. He wasn't up to messing with the hens. Then coyotes moved in and last year, down at the end of the lane, I found a huge mess of feathers and broken eggs...

My sweet lil green chicken Kiwi crawled into a soup pot on the kitchen counter once when he was young..
We took pics but they all came out blurry..

I hafta ask Sandy, but I think he's about 25 now..

Teddy

Attachments

• 2032BA0D-A54D-4827-9C58-18804703567C_1_105_c.jpeg
    2032BA0D-A54D-4827-9C58-18804703567C_1_105_c.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 0
Saw this Keel-Billed Toucan in Panama last fall. View attachment 560066

How is Panama? Haven't seen it since 1988.

When I was stationed there, green parrots used to line the power lines like sparrows, etc do here in the states.

And they have "Ant Trees" and "Black Palm" there... I'll tell those stories some other time. :)

Last edited:
Back