Binder Design Rocketry for Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg... I'm starting to twitch... I would love to pull the trigger on this.

Oooo!! The temptation is almost too much!

How many kits do you sell a week?

Honestly, thats really information the general public doesn't need to know. I would PM Mike and ask him privately, if he chooses to give an answer then thats fine, if not its his business and only the buyer needs to know sales volume information.

Last edited:
Good luck on your sale Mr. Fisher. When I ended Starlight. lots of tire kickers, and some Way Low ball offers. Ended up splitting it up between 3 buyers. Hope you can find a solid buyer.

I know you said your wife makes the chutes. Other than that Mike is it a one man operation or do you have to hire other people to help?

Andrew

One man operation, although there have been many weeks that about killed me. At this point it would be nice to have an employee on an "on-call" basis. Hard to find someone like that.

Good luck on your sale Mr. Fisher. When I ended Starlight. lots of tire kickers, and some Way Low ball offers. Ended up splitting it up between 3 buyers. Hope you can find a solid buyer.

Thanks! My biggest concern is finding someone that I have confidence in to run with it. Not just getting my money. The worst thing I think could happen is for someone to be unprepared for the challenge and be bitter about it later. The type of person I'm referring to is someone who has never run a business, or had any entrepreneurial aspirations in their whole life but thinks it would be "really cool". These are the types of people that run rocket companies into the ground. It's "really cool' for a few months. After that, it is just like running any other business with a market of a few thousand potential customers, which means constant innovation and relentless competition to keep it going. You can't just sit still and bank on the old kits to get it done. It's a full time job till the day you sell it. Unless you screw up real bad, you won't lose money on it.

I have always wanted to start my own hobby buisness and have a store front. But these days with the internet fewer and fewer people can actually make a store front hobby buisness work. Buying an established rocketry business that operates from online sales the requirement of a store front is not needed would be a dream come true. My mouth is drooling, lol. My father ran a ice cream buisness for 15 years. Being a buisness owner is in my blood, lol.

Honestly, thats really information the general public doesn't need to know. I would PM Mike and ask him privately, if he chooses to give an answer then thats fine, if not its his business and only the buyer needs to know sales volume information.

I'm pretty sure my question was harmless, and if Mike chooses not to answer, that's fine. It's not as if I publicly asked what his profit margin is, or how much he makes in a year. I didn't ask what kit he sells the most of, or what kit sells the least. I didn't ask for super secret insider knowledge about any new possible kits. I simply asked how many kits he sells in a week. And I asked Mike.

I'm pretty sure my question was harmless, and if Mike chooses not to answer, that's fine. It's not as if I publicly asked what his profit margin is, or how much he makes in a year. I didn't ask what kit he sells the most of, or what kit sells the least. I didn't ask for super secret insider knowledge about any new possible kits. I simply asked how many kits he sells in a week. And I asked Mike.

I'm completely transparent but at the same time won't disclose this on a public forum only because I don't want competitors to know. And if you were the buyer, you would want this info protected as well. So I have your best interest in mind too. :wink:

I'm completely transparent but at the same time won't disclose this on a public forum only because I don't want competitors to know. And if you were the buyer, you would want this info protected as well. So I have your best interest in mind too. :wink:

That's perfectly fine and understandable. I'll be sending you a PM.

Back