Billy Mays Dead At 50

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the documentary show "Pitchmen" on the Discovery Channel will be no more unless Anthony "Sully" Sullivan decides to do it himself.

They're going to have a hard time finding a replacement, that's for sure.

RIP Billy Mays.:(

Last edited:
There's a movement that started on Billy Mays III's Twitter account that is asking people to "Wear Blue For Billy." I'm going to wear blue, just because I came to respect him after watching Pitchmen. The tag is #wearblue4billy . Add it, do it out of respect if you feel so led.

Jason

I was rather taken aback by the news of Billy's passing this morning when I read it on MSNBC.com..Just curious as to why he was riding on a commercial plane? I thought he and Sully had gone in partnership with an Avantair plane?

Will be interesting to see what Discovery channel does come Wed when The Pitchmen is to air..Maybe some sort of tribute/bio piece on Billy? Condolences to his family and may he rest in peace..

Sad news. Uhm, what is "The Pitchmen"?

A sort of 'reality' show where they would tape the goings on behind the scenes of how certain products get chosen and then 'pitched' in their 'infomercials'..

I'm sure the documentary show "Pitchmen" on the Discovery Channel will be no more unless Anthony "Sully" Sullivan decides to do it himself.

Pitchmen is dead, no pun intended. A lot of what makes it work is the interesting dynamic between Billy Mays and Anthony Sullivan.

-Kevin

Was hoping for a Billy Mazing tribute on Bob & Tom this morning. The Double-Handled Knife, The Install-Anywhere Water Tap, The Trampoline Hat and Mighty Butt-Crack Putty, and so on. I don't think they were ready.

But, wait, that's not all!

I didn't wish him dead, but every time his overly excited shouting began on the TV, I muted it.

Back