BigEARS 2004?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiK

Site Admin
Reaction score
Whos going to BigEARS this year?
I plan on going and this should be my first orgainised launch! :)

Anyone else from TRF going?

Phil

Don't think I'll make BigEARS, would be good to go though. Take pics!

Take pics!

Of course!

While we're on the subject of launches: Mike, when do SERFS launch? I know its on some Sunday's, but what time does it start and end?

Cheers,

Phil

SERFS have got quite a few launches throughout the summer. Season "started" yesterday but nothing got flown due to the beautiful British weather.

I'll PM you John Harvey's contact details, he's the man who orgainises all the meetings and should tell you everything you need to know.

Sorry, when I said time I meant something like: They start around 11am and finish about 3pm.

'Cus I dont get off work till 12 :(

Yeah, I'll probably be at BigEARS. Probably only for one day though. Whay day are you all going?

Jim, BigEARS is just the two day annual event of a local club. "Big" because it's bigger than their monthly one day events, and "EARS" becaue they are the the East Anglian Rocketry Society!

Other UK event names of note:
KLOB (because at the first event, someone flew a K - ooooh!)
Brass Balls
Copper Knobs
(Both held in the depths of winter)

I can only go on the Saturday... I've got work on Sunday and I've had last week off :(

I think I prefer Saturday too. I hate getting home late Sunday, unpacking the car, putting everything away...

Originally posted by hokkyokusei

Jim, BigEARS is just the two day annual event of a local club. "Big" because it's bigger than their monthly one day events, and "EARS" becaue they are the the East Anglian Rocketry Society!

oh, i figured it was something like that... ...just that I got this *image* in my mind that I just can't shake... LOL

Welllll.... Weather on BBC is showing "Light Rain" for Saturday... The Met Office website says PM Showers.

Whos going?

Cy'all there (hopefully),

Phil

PS Ill be wearing a Deepsky T Shirt :)

I'm not going to be able to make it; I'm prancing around a stage, satisfying my thespian tendencies, this weekend. ;) Pretending to be a Tory MP - NOT my ideal part, but it is acting!. ;)

I hope you all have a fandabidosey time, and I expect to see some class pics! (don't we all ;) ).

Can't make it but I hope the weather holds for you. Have a fantastic time.

#@$%....

The camera batterys flat.... thanks for reminding me, I'll put it on charge now :)

I guess I should have mentioned that I did go!

It started very slowly, with rain, wind and a very low cloud base. The wind and rain eventually cleared up, but the cload base remained at about 1500' all day. That meant very few HPR flier venturing out. A fair amount of models went up, but they were well spread out, so there wasn't really much to see for much of the time.

Did you go Wik?

Yup! :D

I was doing about half the model flying! :p Philip Handley... Erm I flew Quest Tomahawk, Estes Bullpup, Estes Yankee, Fliskits Flea, Fliskits Overdrive (lost) and an Estes Tidal Wave

What time did you get there? That Thunderbird 3 was amazing! Pitty about the recovery tho. :(

Got there about 11:30, left about 6:30

The Thunderbird looked repairable.

Nah I'm not tooo worried about the Overdrive... Cheap and easily gettable! The annoying thing is, we saw exactly where it landed, but because of its size, we lost it in the crops which were about 1ft high... We looked for about 45 mins though...

We arrived about 12:30... My dad said we would leave home at 9:30, but nooooo... he only just got up at 9:30!!!! :rolleyes: . We left 4:30...

And sorry people... no pics :( . Weather wasnt exactly brilliant photo conditions, and it was up to my dad to do them. And he has only used the (my...[his...]) digital camera a couple of times before! I did get an okay-ish video of the thunderbird 3 going up. I might as well post a still from it:

Oh yeah... my dad got a decent video of my Tomahawk going up...

Originally posted by WiK
That Thunderbird 3 was amazing! Pitty about the recovery tho. :(

Not Darren's TB3? Is it alright?

Back