Big Viking, yet another scratch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacecowboy

Reaction score
another scratch, maybe y'all are getting tired of the pix.
All dimensions are 2X the original Estes Viking, and quite by accident. The Stormcaster cone is 2X the Viking, almost.

Big Viking.

I may have to try again on the upper tube, this is definitely a splitter bird.

B&W is occasionally a cool deal.

Wasn't that one of those "and YOU choose how many fins to attach using the enclosed selection of 5!"

I like that one... upscale clones are that multiple better than the originals, in my opinion.

Trogdor, et al

Yes, Viking comes with 5 fins, and the kit says you can make it with 48 different configs. I've bought 3 kits, one is on the trophy shelf, one was a really bad dart (no reco), and one is in flight status.

Let's see....fin configs....
3 pointed up
3 pointed down
4 up
4 down
2 up, 2 down
5 up
5 down
2 up, 3 down
3 up, 2 down
THAT'S NINE WAYS, assuming the fins are attached using the same edge. Using 4 different edges, we have 36 ways.
USING DIFFERENT EDGES TO ATTACH TO BT, I think the combo is way more than 48!!!!
I forgotten stats, ,,,, uh, n taken n-1 at a time....GACK....college was 20 years ago. . . .

p.s. along side is a bad paint job on BLADE. I had intended to use black paint for the BT, ran out, and since I want to send this bird into orbit anyway because it's so cumbersome, I didn't spend a lot of time on painting it nice. Big Vike came out magno !!!! Just what I wanted. My blotching technique with the paint is a trade secret.

Back