Big Red One

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
You've heard of the Blue Bird Zero? This rocket is better! And BIGGER! I give you, the Big Red One. (big red ONE). It's based on the same plan as my sounding rocket, but with a "long" 24mm motor mount. The "payload" section is now 36" long! The whole rocket is just over 5 feet tall. It is simmed to go over 600 feet on a D motor. It will fly even higher on an RMS or composite motor. And, of course, it's RED!

Big Red One.jpg

Attachments

• Big Red One 24mm final.pdf
    74.2 KB · Views: 50
  • red basic 3 fin 24mm final coupler baffle.ork
    2.1 KB · Views: 36
Cool! 24/40? 24/60? Pro24 1-3grain?
Probably wont take a 6gr Pro 24

60"+? Wouldn't fly that with less 5-6" static margin, but over 8 calibers is nuts!

Flight reports upon launch?

Cool! 24/40? 24/60? Pro24 1-3grain?
Probably wont take a 6gr Pro 24

60"+? Wouldn't fly that with less 5-6" static margin, but over 8 calibers is nuts!

Flight reports upon launch?

The next one (One? One point one?) will have a 29mm mount. I *think* it should be OK up to a G80. Much more, or flying in any kind of wind, might buckle it.

FINALLY flew the One!. Sent it up on an E12-6. No ejection charge in the motor, enought pressure in engine to cause payload/booster sep. Rocket is now a few inches shorter. Will try again on a 24mm RMS of some sort.

Back