Big Dog and Sandhawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrat

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy all. Thinking about some 29mm motored kits. Was looking on the eRockets website and kinda like the Quest Big Dog and the Loc Sandhawk (I know LOC makes several sizes of this kit, I'm looking at the 29mm Motor Mount one that's just over $40, not the $116 kit) -- anyhow, anyone ever used these guys with F motors? The Big Dog is not through the wall fins, so I'm going to have to be very liberal with the epoxy. The LOC Sandhawk is nice for a $40 kit at over 3 feet tall. I've built the LOC Scout already and am impressed with the quality of the LOC kits. For 2x the cost of an Estes kit, they are like 4x the quality.

Love LOC kits. I'd go Sandhawk. That's one I like as well. I've flown the Park Flyer BBX and IRIS. Both are nice.

Edit: I haven't flown mine on Fs yet. E20s for both so far.

I have the LOC Sandhawk in 1.6" (aka Parkflyer), 2.2" (both in 29mm and 38mm), 3.1" and 5.5"

I flew the 1.6" on an F42-7 and it was a great flight. The kit is nearly indestructible. It also flies great on the G54-10 and G104-10 but if you do that, add rail buttons because it'll go over 2000 ft like a bat outta....um....here. I also added an Estes plastic motor retainer so I can use the Estes adapters with 24mm Aerotech motors (F63-8 FTW!)

I also really like the LOC kits, have built 4 with another on the bench. Sizes 1.6", 2.2", 4".
Great value for the money.

Back