Big Dawg Help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcdlr

Reaction score
I'm scratch building a Big Dawg and I need some measurements. I assumed that the fins were 3/32" and I can't find a length of the BT.
Anybody have one they can measure. I got my plans from 'Ye Olde' but I don't see the BT length anywhere on there. Going to make my first water slide decals. I've redone the decals so they don't have any white areas. I'll post pics when I get it done.
Also, need to know if the fin joint at the end of the tube is flush or up some. I'm going to slot the tube and build it just like the plans show. Will use a Kevlar shock cord, like a Quest, though.
Thanks!!;)

bcdlr,
The Big Dawg bt measures 7-1/2" long. The fins set 1/4" forward from the back edge of the bt, and yes the fins are 3/32". This thing goes like heck on a B6-4.
Best of luck on your BIG DAWG
Larry

Originally posted by Larry
This thing goes like heck on a B6-4.
You should see it on a D12-7!!!:D

bcdlr,
The Big Dawg bt measures 7-1/2" long. The fins set 1/4" forward from the back edge of the bt, and yes the fins are 3/32". This thing goes like heck on a B6-4.
Larry

Great looking rocket Larry.
I thought I had to have one to go with the Fat Boy and Big Daddy!
I'm using a Fliskits engine mount kit, so that's my first Fliskits stuff.
I think I'll use a small mylar parachute, I've heard it will drift badly.
Thanks.

bcdlr,
Thanks, my wife is the one that wanted one, so its her rocket, and yes they drift really bad. A streamer may be the way to go if there is much wind. As far as the Fliskits stuff, Jim can set you up real nice:D

MetMan, A D12-7:eek: does it ever come down?;)

Larry

bcdlr,
Thanks, my wife is the one that wanted one, so its her rocket, ...

Larry
Hey, that's funny ... my wife wanted one, too. I painted hers with red flames from the aft end to white on the nose. It's a real performer... thinking of a 3x upscale

Rick

MetMan, A D12-7:eek: does it ever come down?;)

Larry
Eventually. I painted it fluorescent orange with black NC. That way the mess from all the orange tracking powder doesn't show...

I used an 8" nylon chute on a calm day and it came down within 100 ft of the pad.

MetMan

I got mine from the Estes Designer's Special kit. I modded mine for 24mm motors. First flight on D12. Saw smoke at ejection. Caught it for just a sec through binoculars and then it was gone forever. I did a good paint job too. Black NC and fins and red BT/ My other one has a 6" payload bay added to the top for video cameras. I use it for backyard vidcam launches because it is small and lightweight. Flys great on C6-5s with videocamera!

Back