Big Daddy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobH48

Reaction score
I found a Big Daddy in the clearance aisle at Michaels today.

The only thing wrong with it was a crushed motor mount tube. A 3" piece of BT-50 and it's as good as new :D .

Best part, $12 and they let me use a 40% off coupon bringing it down to a whopping $7.20 :D :D

Can't do much better than that!

It's a great looking rocket and a fun flyer....

One suggestion as a bare minimum move the motor block back to accept the E9's or AT F21's.. it loves both of those motors built stock even...

Get a Nomex(tm) heatshield. This bird needs ALOT of wadding without. So you'll save yourself a fortune!

everybody keeps mentionimg tha discount coupons for michaels, where do they come from?

There's a Michaels flyer in the Sunday paper with a 40% off coupon on any item at least every other week.

You can only use 1 each time you go in there but I have to drive by a Michaels on the way home from work every day so I get my co-workers to give me their coupons and when I need to stock up on engines I'll go in and pick up a pack a day for a week!

Originally posted by firemanup

One suggestion as a bare minimum move the motor block back to accept the E9's or AT F21's.. it loves both of those motors built stock even...

Good idea, I have been keeping to LPR since returning to the hobby but leaving the option for more power can't be a bad thing..... can it?

Not on the Big Daddy it's not...

It should actually be made for the E9-4, that combo is just made for eachother..

The F21 pushes it a little bit but not bad and it's a great flight with a little more height...

Hey Jason..

What delay do you use with the F21 on your Big Daddy?

I have a pack of -4's and a pack of -6's.

It should fly good on any of the AT 24/40 RMS loads. I'll probably try a F12-5J first. Hopefully my new blue Big Daddy will fly this weekend.

Thanks,
John

No I didn't, just stock...

Several flights on E9's which i think are very close in weight to the F21 and they were all nice and straight..

The F21 flight was a little arching but it was windy and i think that was the cause.. still plenty straight enough to be safe and a good flight overall...

We have flown our Big Daddy with the rms 24/40 using the E28-4 which works great in a wind(doesn't arch much at all) Its also flown on the F12-5J. Does well with both motors....Larry

i fly mine on F12-3J's all the time. i love the F12!
also flown on F24 but i can't remember what delay i had.
building the next one with a 29mm motor mount! G79? especially if the rumours about a 29/120 redline load are true. :D

Back