Big Daddy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Heres the pics of the damaged Big Daddy after its little encounter with the car park ;)
Heres the fin torn off.
-Karl

And heres the badly scraped nosecone.
-Karl

wow,,,, you rarely see the fin tab come out like that ..
plan to fix it ?

I tore mine up a little more than that so I resurected it as a scale Aries

Yep I plan to repair it , and I have. I ripped all the fins out , cleaned up the bodytube , made some new fins from 3mm ply , cleaned up the nosecone , and stuck new 5mm MDF centering rings with 4x24mm engine tubes :D This thing should rock !!
-Karl

Did I mention this thing will haul a$$ ? Im in the process of scratch building on of these , possibly with a 29mm/38mm mmt. But the scratch will be the same as the estes Version , so if I go with a 38mm I can only go up to something like a 1grain Pro38?
-Karl

Heres some pics of what it looks like after the repair job
The painted lite ply fins
-Karl

Centering rings , they look a little messy but they arnt finished yet ;)
-Karl

Did I mention this thing will haul a$$ ? Im in the process of scratch building on of these , possibly with a 29mm/38mm mmt. But the scratch will be the same as the estes Version , so if I go with a 38mm I can only go up to something like a 1grain Pro38?
-Karl

I built mine with a 29mm mount, haven't had the nads to put an F20 in it yet. :) I flew it today on a 24mm E18 AT motor and it ROCKED! The Estes D12 just isn't any fun after that.

On that note, you should see the 5.5" upscale I built. The I218-R puts 'er about 1500 feet.

Cool you got any pics? 5.5" Thats massive:eek:
-Karl

Latest posts

Back