Big Daddy Nosecone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, did that as well, but don't yet know if one-use motors use a lip for the retainer to work, or if I'll have to tape the motor in place for my first few flights. Definitely planning a reloadable case for this bad boy, but the first few flights are going to be with single use disposables.
SU AT composite motors have the lip. BP motors do not

Yes, did that as well, but don't yet know if one-use motors use a lip for the retainer to work, or if I'll have to tape the motor in place for my first few flights. Definitely planning a reloadable case for this bad boy, but the first few flights are going to be with single use disposables.

Single use composite motors all have a ring. If you plan to launch on Estes Black Powder then you would need to add a ring around the rear of the motor or do like I did and add a thrust ring inside the motor tube. Mine is set far enough up that it allows me to fit the Estes 29mm F motors.

I thought he was wanting a 3”/3.1” diameter kit.
If you follow this thread from the beginning, you'll see I changed my mind, and the Scout turned out to be much better. Thanks to some sane advice, my first 29mm rocket will be a kit rather than a scratch build. I'll still do a scratch build, but due to the wonky dimensions of the tube I have, I'm going to fabricate my own nosecone. It will be a good experience for me anyhow.

I was about to say the same thing. Or bump it up to 4" with the Micro-Magg.

Totally agree on the Micro-Magg. Mine loves F44-4 motors and in all honestly I think that it is my favorite motor for this rocket.

I'm only seeing 340-350 ft per flight but you can watch the entire flight, it makes a ton of noise and it lands close to the pad. If I want more altitude I can throw the F67 in there for 600ft flights and skies the limit from there.

Back