- Jan 3, 2016
- Reaction score
In the beginning of the month I had my childhood big bertha make a splash down on a small lake at our ranch. I waited till it floated ashore and picked it up. I let it dry for a few days and then tried to remove the C motor that was in it. Well, it ripped out the whole inside, centering rings and all and left me with just the airframe. So I made some new centering rings from thin plywood and found a 24mm tube that used to be the airframe for a recently-CATO'd Estes Eggscalibur. I cut the tube to size and fit it in the new centering rings. I then sanded them down to fit the Big Bertha and voila! Big Bertha with a 24mm MMT was born. If you haven't upgraded some previously 18mm rockets to 24 or even 29mm, I recommend doing so! It was cool to see it go so much higher and faster than what I was used to on C motors.