B'Ham AL NAR section?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnie

Reaction score
Some local guys and Gals in Birmingham, AL are trying to put together a NAR chapter. They have a nice flying field at a local landfill. For contact info, please send me a private message, and I will provide a contact email.

Johnnie Paul

If this does indeed transpire, please post back, as some schools in that area will be needing to qualify for TARC, and will need a field to do it at, without having to make the long trekk North to Huntsville.

Johnnie paul

Hey Johnnie Paul;

I just noticed this thread and thought I'd let you know that I have already been in contact with the Birmingham guys and am hoping to join up with them as soon as possible.
I hope there are more people out there that are interested.
I've been thinking you, Steward, and I are the only AL folks at TRF, but I'm starting to find more.

slim

Slim,

HAVOC821 is an Alabama flier as well, he is a member HARA here in HSV like myself. Somewhere here there are members of SEARS as well...

I sure hope B'Ham gets going, then we can all have a choice of fields to fly from:D

I've also been in touch with the "Birmingham Rocket Boys"...They've invited me to their "end of the year" launch Saturday. I'm presently sewing together a couple of parachutes to use then...

Steward,

Phoenix looks great,mine is still protected by the plastic bag it came in...but not after this winter building season is over with:D :D

Have a good time at the End of Year launch, and I hope that you guys can get things going down that way. HARA will sure come visit you to fly as we are still looking for a larger to field to launch from.

Hmmm...Birmingham. Is that anywhere near the Air Force Base? A friend of mine I used to fly with up here just got stationed at the AFB down there. Maxwell, is it? Can't remember right now. Anyway - he's been looking for a place to fly.

Loopy

Maxwell AFB is in Montgomery...about 100 miles or so south of Birmingham...(probably half the distance to Huntsville and the HARA people).

Steward,

Chuck Pierce, the President of HARA has emailed all of us, and has stated he will fly rockets with everyone tomorrow at the end of year launch...he has some wild stuff I hear:D

Have fun. and post a report if you do not mind.

Loopy,

Let your friend at Maxwell know about SEARS launches in Headland AL near Dothan, about 100 miles Southeast of Montgomery. January 10th is next launch. www.sears572.com

Greg Lane

Originally posted by Johnnierkt Have fun. and post a report if you do not mind. [/B]

Sure will...I'm knee deep in producing my first parachute tonight...It' almost midnight and I just messed up the wifes sewing machine..I think...and I don't want to wake her up to fix it...Oh well...LOL!!!

Back