Best Prices on Polecat

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchR

Air Defender
Reaction score
I've been contemplating getting a few Polecat kits to get back into the swing of building again after a break. I was wondering if any of you out there have some vendors or suppliers of choice when it comes to price and service when purchasing Polecat kits specifically although I'm not opposed to hearing about other major HPR kit providers and who sells them (aside from the company websites themselves.)

The only dealer I'm aware of that sells Polecat kits is Commonwealth. net other than What's up Hobbies. Their prices are exactly the same as the manufacturer's prices. I've had good dealings with Commonwealth in the past. The downside is Commonwealth currently carries only a few of their kits.

That's good to hear! Have you ordered much from Whatsuphobbies or primarily commonwealth? I'm mostly debating between the 10" Bullpup and Nike Smoke.

www.whatsuphobbies.com frickin' rocks! I happily spend hundreds per month with Jack and his service and dedication to this hobby remain unsurpassed. Order from him with confidence.

I haven't ordered from WhatupHobbies before, but have heard good things about them. I only have one Polecat kit and it was a gift. I gave both Whatsup and Commonwealth as suppliers and can't remember which one my giftgiver used. My dealings with Commonwealth have been for other rocket related supplies like Aeropack retainers, chutes, and other stuff.

If you're interested in the 10" stuff, Whatsup is your only choice that I know of. Commonwealth only has a few of their 4" kits & 1 or 2 of their 5.5". IMO, if the prices are the same, might as well go with a direct from manufacturer.

That's good to hear! Have you ordered much from Whatsuphobbies or primarily commonwealth? I'm mostly debating between the 10" Bullpup and Nike Smoke.

I order from Commonwealth a lot whenever I want to buy something rocketry related. Pretty good prices and great service. I've heard really good things about WUH too, but I can't say it for myself as I haven't ordered from them before.

with the Nike Smoke!! My dad L3 on it and it was great! Its flown on 3 M2550 an M2100 and an M2650. All great flights ranging from 2500-4000

here is a pic of it on the M2100 Wicked White. 4002'

Ben

Attachments

• IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 18
with the Nike Smoke!! My dad L3 on it and it was great! Its flown on 3 M2550 an M2100 and an M2650. All great flights ranging from 2500-4000

here is a pic of it on the M2100 Wicked White. 4002'

Ben

I'm guessing that's an EX motor?

Whats Up Hobbies gets my vote. When I do order from Jack I usually have my orders in a couple of days or pick it up in person at one of the launches he supports. I used a Polecat 10" thumper for my level three and from that experiance I can say they are great kits for the price they comes with good instructions, the body tubes are already glassed and slotted, fiberglass nosecone, Baltic Birtch fins and centering rings and everything else needed except glue, parachute and decals. Depending on where you live Jack hits quite a few west coast launches maybe you could save on shipping.

Andy Hansom

thumperliftoff.JPG

Another vote for Commonwealth. Always great to deal with.

Sounds good to me, nice to hear such positive feedback. I'm really leaning towards the 10" Bullpup. I like the missile designed rockets and there are not as many of them out there. If I don't go with a Polecat 10" I'll probably make a scaled 10" SA-14 Archer.

I also vote for Jack @ What's up hobbies. I have several of his polecat kits and I buy from him every month. His customer service is top notch!!!

I have always had good service with Commonwealth.

I did get a Polecat 5.5 Fat Man & E-Bay and 4 inch Goblin from What's Up Hobbies. The service was good, but I almost didn't order when I saw what the shipping came to $55.15 I really didn't think it would be that high, but I wanted them. I thought maybe it high because it was heavy or odd size, but when the packages came, they were neither. I doubt if I would order again. Not to say I am displease with product or service. I just hate high shipping prices.

Back