best price for bulk A6-4 or A8-5 motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbzep

Reaction score
I will be doing another school launch in a few weeks and need to find the best deal I can on motors. The last few years I bought A6-4 motors directly from Quest, but their price has almost doubled.

I need either the Quest A6-4 or Estes A8-5 motors. I know Estes has an A8-3 bulk pack, but the delay is much too short.

The best deal I've found so far is ehobbies for Estes A8-5's at 4.49 per three pack. THe second best I've found is Quest A6-4 at $4.99 per three pack at Scalerockets.com. I haven't factored in the shipping cost yet. Unfortunately, everyone that carries Quest bulk packs thinks they are made of gold and sells them at higher prices than I can get retail packaged motors.

Does anyone have a good source for A8-5 or A6-4 motors at a better price than the two I've listed?

tim

Unfortunately, everyone that carries Quest bulk packs thinks they are made of gold and sells them at higher prices than I can get retail packaged motors.

yes I have found that too!!! makes no sense but there it is. best prices seem to be retail packs at at Fry's :) and Mall-Wart :(.

oh for the days of $27 bulk packs at ToysRBust and those two dusty $30 A6-4 bulk packs I found on the back shelf at the hobby shop ...

do you have a local hobby shop? wouldn't hurt to ask them to special order. The two big hobby distributors in the US are Great Planes and Horizon. although both of those show the "list" price on their web site often a smaller hobby shop will work with you on the price. especially if they see potential repeat business :)

I'm afraid there are no local hobby shops around here. Our Walmart doesn't keep A8-5's, just the more normal A8-3, B6-4, and C6-5 and now the A10-P.

My last bulk order was two years ago at $27 per pack directly from Quest. Now they have them listed at $49. They have almost doubled in price. I sure wish I had bought a three year supply instead of a two year supply. :(

tim

do you have a local hobby shop? wouldn't hurt to ask them to special order.

If it's for the Scouts or a school or some other group, my local hobby shop (and a few others too!) will give a substantial discout if you ask.

It might be worth a day trip.

sandman

I just checked out eHobbies shipping rates. I knew the motor prices were too good to be true. They want $70 to ship $150 worth of motors.

I may go with Belleville Wholesale. I had forgotten about them when I made the original post. I have made bulk purchases from them before.

Anybody have experiences with scalerockets.com?

tim

tim:

Quest currently has an ongoing Spring Factory 2004 Sale in which they are selling Model Rocket Motor Value Packs For $35 thats the A6-4 price, $39 for the B6-4 and $42 for their C6-5.

This sale ends July 1st, 2004.....

Call 1-800-858-7302

A6-4 #5597
B6-4 #5598
C6-5 #5599

They should charge you $5 + 5% of the order amount for shipping and handling so for $150 that would be $5 + 5% of $150 or 7.50 = $12.50........

I can't post the flyer here as its too large but if you email me with an email I will zip it up and email it to you....

Back