Best of TRF Pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my Fatboy on a C6-5 , arching into the wind!
-Karl

Last but not least , a good pic of my old fleet.
-Karl

Originally posted by Karl
This is my Fatboy on a C6-5 , arching into the wind!
-Karl

Wow - you were lucky... that meteor shower looked dangerous!

:)

S..

Slim-T:
I'm having an awful time, you may have gotten one out of 7 photos.
I've tried sending photos in sets of 3 then 2 then singles. but they All keep bouncing back as undeliverable.. None are even close to the 1MB you mentioned... any Ideas???

Originally posted by Karl
Nice max ! What motor was that on ?
-Karl

Actually...that was awhile back. I'm almost sure it was just a C6-5.

Unfortunately it's a scan of a 35mm print. It was a lucky shot though...!!! Thanks...!!!

Best Photos I have seen taken at our local field, will follow in the next 5 posts.

The photos are of a scratch built Saturn V rocket that is 12" in Dia and roughly 10 to 11 feet tall. The rocket flew on a central J570 and (4) J350's...These nearly look like NASA photos of a real Apollo launch.

All photos coutesy of Toby Carter from Chattanooga, TN.

Enjoy...

Johnnie,
A tad OT, but any chance Toby will have the Saturn at Manchester this weekend? I'd love to see it fly again!

Oh, and you forgot to mention, you pushed the button that lit that candle :)

David,

Last I heard, Toby Carter and Gary Whitney (co-operative builders of the Saturn V), they have gotten out of rocketry because of all the legal crud (yadda yadda yadda) and are now flying remote-control airplanes and such. Too bad, they were talking about a 24" dia Saturn V flying on a (5) 76mm motor cluster...:eek:

Have fun on Saturday, and I will try to be there Sunday.

Wow, those are some awesome pics! You weren't kidding either, if I didn't know I would assume it was the real deal!

GL

Micro and others;

I am really sorry about the hotmail acount.
My PC crapped out the other day and I just got it back up.
The email account is full, so I guess that's why they're bouncing.

Go ahead and send them here: [email protected]

Sorry and Thanks.

Tim

Originally posted by sandman
You just gotta know THIS is my favorite!

sandman

That just brings a tear to my eye it's so beautiful.

BTW, how long do we have to submit pics? I need to get some developed.

Originally posted by Max_Power004
BTW, how long do we have to submit pics? I need to get some developed.

I'm in no hurry. I'm still doing repair work on my PC.
I'm actually using my old one now to keep up with TRF, and this thing is SO SLOW.

TIM

Here's one of my favorites. I may have more on the way, I'm getting some pictures developed soon!.

I will have to add my Tres. This is from video so I don't have a higher resolution pic at this time.

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
I will have to add my Tres. This is from video so I don't have a higher resolution pic at this time.

Wow! What's that on???

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
I will have to add my Tres. This is from video
Awesome pic! :D

Are you able to upload the vid somewhere? I'd love to see that.

Here's a couple of mine, back from when I used to be into high-power. Can't afford it anymore and don't want to spend money that might be wasted due to government influences.

3X Interceptor. October, 1995. I161. 1500 feet according to the altimeter.

1/10 scale Little Joe II. Built over the year 1998. Was to use 4xE30's in the escape motor to pull away the capsule. Never flew...during a house move, a box of books fell on the booster section. I still have the capsule and tower and may rebuild the model later, and let someone else fly it.

I also have quite a few detail pics, as well as construction shots.

15.6" diameter. 25 pounds empty (no chutes, motors). Corrugations are individually bevel-cut balsa strips.

Sorry the pic is so small...file size limit on attachments.

3x upscale Mars lander, built in September '94, and flown in Oct '94 on an H260 Smoky Sam.

12" diameter. 10 pounds lift-off weight. 3x 36" 'chutes for recovery.

Have construction photos as well.

Slim,

I've got tons of liftoff pics and video on my page.. go to the launches page and click on any of the launches, the first couple are low and mid power launches the last couple are high power..

Some really nice liftoff pics.. if there's any there you'd like i have higher res versions of them.. easier for ya to take a look than have me send a bunch...

Just wanted to say thanks to all that have posted pics.
I haven't been able to keep up with TRF for nearly a month now, due to PC problems. :(
Feel free to keep posting pics, and I'll get caught up on them all when I can. If anyone has emailed me anything I apologize for not responding. I haven't been able to check my mail.
Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.

Tim

Back