Best Glue for Rubber Shock Cords

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Furtman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased some 3/16" F.A.I. Tan Super Sport flite rubber after someone on TRF highly recommended it. I plan on using it in the scratch built Cherokee D I recently made. I'm thinking of oing with the Estes tri-fold method but I'm pondering what the best type of glue I should use. Any suggestions?

https://www.faimodelsupply.com/

Another thread had a great suggestion, get a long skinny party balloon and after you put the mount in place, shove the empty balloon part way down from the front, crossing the mount, Blow up the balloon enough to press it really flat. Keep it inflated until the glue is dry, pop the balloon and “voila”, a smooth flat mount.

Another thread had a great suggestion, get a long skinny party balloon and after you put the mount in place, shove the empty balloon part way down from the front, crossing the mount, Blow up the balloon enough to press it really flat. Keep it inflated until the glue is dry, pop the balloon and “voila”, a smooth flat mount.
Now that is a great idea! Time to find some skinny balloons.

Back