CAD Software Best free 3d modeling software

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best free 3d modeling software?

• Onshape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freecad

• other

• Total voters

brennant

podcaster, Realm Rocketry
Reaction score
What do you believe is the best free 3d modeling software for rocketry. I have played with Tinkercad and am ready to learn a more advanced software

OpenSCAD sounded like a bad idea when I heard about it, but now it's my number 1 choice. Every number I use gets defined as a parameter at the top of the program or module. If I do a test print and find that I need to make some minor change, it takes me 5 seconds to make that change and I'm ready to print again. If I want to make a similar part for a different rocket that is bigger, longer, whatever - I just change the appropriate variables at the top and get the new part. Highly recommended, especially if you already know how to write code. (The OpenSCAD language is really trivial, as there's just a few basic commands, but having some experience programming helps to keep your code modular/readable/reusable/extensible etc.)

OpenSCAD sounded like a bad idea when I heard about it, but now it's my number 1 choice. Every number I use gets defined as a parameter at the top of the program or module. If I do a test print and find that I need to make some minor change, it takes me 5 seconds to make that change and I'm ready to print again. If I want to make a similar part for a different rocket that is bigger, longer, whatever - I just change the appropriate variables at the top and get the new part. Highly recommended, especially if you already know how to write code. (The OpenSCAD language is really trivial, as there's just a few basic commands, but having some experience programming helps to keep your code modular/readable/reusable/extensible etc.)
Thanks I know some html.

Back