Bermuda triangle at my house

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missileman

Reaction score
It is a sad day here at missile central:(
I just finished putting fillets on the fins of an AGM 12C Bullpup with Elmers carpenters wood glue.
I go to put the red cap bag on this extra large, half full, bottle and it has magically dissapeared. I have search everywhere.
Must be with the missing engine clip for my Fat Boy, launch lug for my Maxi Streak and the nosecone for my Camanche:(
along with a whole assortment of other things that have vanished right before my eyes.
I am convinced these things now reside in a parallel universe just out of reach.
Do you have a Bermuda Triangle at your house?

I used to think we had the Bermuda Triangle syndrome our house too. Of course, after searching for what seemed like hours for lost items that were there a minute ago, I found out my better half was "cleaning up" behind me when I was immersed in the build process. ;)

Hey, if anyone does find where all these parts are going, can you please send me my missing Skywriter nosecone and Phoenix aft fin? I had to make a new fin, and may have to buy a new nose cone!

WW

Count me in. Stuff disappears from my workshop all the time only to reappear later. Some of the occurances even have reasoanble explanations.

happens all the time....kinda like a black hole......a bunch of crap I have sitting around stuff goes in there all the time

Its like that episode of the simpsons where homer finds the parrallel universe behind the bookcase....yep that must be it

It never fails...
Whatever tool I may need at the moment is the one that I can't find... If I get really upset... (enough to go buy a new one)...
then the missing one turns up as soon as I open the new package... and I mean it...It never fails...!!!

That's really strange, Today I found a tube of elmers glue with no cap, a screw driver, and launch lugs. I also found a single sock that doesn't belong to me.

Dang it !

I had this cute redheaded woman, goes by the name of Nicole, famous for some movies, or so I hear that disappeared from my shackles.. err..workbench too ..Please help !!!!

oh, it drives me nuts. I can't tell if my stuff goes to a different dimension or if i'm just loosing it...

heck, i've even *moved* the item that I am looking for, on the off chance that the item that I am looking for may be behind it... (hey, i'm not kidding here... LOL)

The worse was when I lost my glasses (yea, you guessed it, they were propped up on top of my head)...

...*that* wasn't bad enough... I'm in a panic to get to a meeting and I grab my kids and tell them i'm going to be late that they HAVE to help me find my glasses.

I kid you not. They BOTH looked *right* at me, with poker straight faces and said "sure dad, we'll help you find them"......

TWENTY MINUTES .... twenty minutes before I happened to walk in front of a mirror...

...twenty minutes...

my kids STILL tell that story to their friends...

twenty minutes... AAARRRRGGGGGGG!

When one of you guys finally find this place, those car keys are mine. So is the jig saw, and the Adobe software package I just bought, and . . . .

But its always the good stuff that goes into the black hole, never the crap! My desk is covered with broken useless stuff; bits of wire, balsa scraps, dead batteries, pens with no ink. The new Exacto knife has sprouted wings and flown, thrust rings roll to the neighbor's house, you know the drill!

There is one sure way to retrieve items from the Bermuda Triangle, BUY A NEW ONE!

If I could get all the garbage to go to the 5th dimension it would reduce my anxiety level. I could stop considering "Cleaning Up" not that I would actually do that, just considering it is painfull enough
Bob

I once lost my saxophone in my left hand. I'm carrying it around in my left hand, and I'm looking all over the house for it. Quite a long day, that was...

Originally posted by Loopy
I once lost my saxophone in my left hand.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

I don't think I can truthfully say that I've had as much bad luck as youse guys...but I can say that once I did "lose" my wallet. I had been looking for it all over the house for like two weeks, my parents were all mad at me cause my wallet had all my identification and stuff in it (though not much money :() Then finally, one day after cleaning my room (if you can call it a room, my parents would say :p) I found it in the top of my closet, in a box full of airplane cards...I felt really, really silly. :rolleyes: :p

Jason

Originally posted by powderburner
When one of you guys finally find this place, those car keys are mine. So is the jig saw, and the Adobe software package I just bought, and . . . .

... and my wife's files that I SWEAR I backed up to zip disks before I reformatted the hard drives.. :eek:

Originally posted by bobrogg
That's really strange, Today I found a tube of elmers glue with no cap, a screw driver, and launch lugs. I also found a single sock that doesn't belong to me.

Hey,you found my sock..great:D :D :D

Originally posted by graylensman
... and my wife's files that I SWEAR I backed up to zip disks before I reformatted the hard drives.. :eek:

...and my wife's birthday present and anniversary present...

There is something going on in my toolbox. Every time i need a plane screwdriver,they are ALL phillips! Works the other way round TOO!.........jerry

and, what about KEYS ...

...they're the *anti* Bermuda Triangle...

I don't know about you folks, but I GOTS keys. I've got more keys than you can count and i'm always finding more! Heck, I've got keys to things I've never owned! LOL

Can't remember who first commented about this but, like him, I gots so many keys, if I hung them on my hip I could be a Janitor! Tonight!

LOL

I must have lost at least 4 sanding drums and 3 cut off wheels for my cordless dremel this year...... I think the hardware stores control the "Bermuda Triangle"...... The more stuff disappears, the more stuff we run out and buy again.........

UPDATE!!!

3 tubes of 5-minute epoxy disappeared into The Triangle last night from my rocket lab! All points bulletins are being processed at this time!

WW:eek:

Originally posted by missileman
Do you have a Bermuda Triangle at your house?

At my house things apparently wander off to sequester themselves while they metamorphose into other, less needed, things.

Half a two piece launch rod, a new bottle of brush-on CyA and a packet of spare igniters disappeared. Later, for no good reason, a car washing attachment for the water hose, a lawn edging tool, and a catalog for new living room furniture appeared.

I asked my wife about these, and all she said was "Do they work?" to the first two, and "Let's look at that." to the third.

Originally posted by jflis

The worse was when I lost my glasses (yea, you guessed it, they were propped up on top of my head)...

I sometimes I look for my glasses.. and I am already wearing them. I think that is a sign that I need new lenses ;)

Originally posted by jflis
and, what about KEYS ...

...they're the *anti* Bermuda Triangle...

True... those key rings do seem to attract keys... but that does not solve the problem of finding where I put my keys... I do that every day... :(

Back