Belleville Order - Anyone else have this kind of delay?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I order a lot from Estes because they're the rare retailer who provides free shipping to Hawaii for a minimal order amount (currently $50). It usually takes 3 weeks for packages to arrive. Amazon usually takes a week.

Sometimes lately, the Estes shipments have been taking less than a week. Sandra at Estes has no explanation for it. She does know they've had a lot of people calling to ask where their packages are at.

In the Hobby Lobby emails, they tout the Free Shipping. When I click on it, it goes to their main website and doesn't show the offer. I wonder if they know where I'm at so they're not showing the Free Shipping offer on their website.

USPS is beyond screwed up right now. With few exceptions, almost everything I have had shipped to me over the past 3-4 months, even priority mail, gets delayed at least 3-4 days. I had one package that took about a month to move across Pennsylvania.

If I have the option, I pay the extra buck or two for UPS or FedEx right now.

In the Hobby Lobby emails, they tout the Free Shipping. When I click on it, it goes to their main website and doesn't show the offer. I wonder if they know where I'm at so they're not showing the Free Shipping offer on their website.
I ordered some of the Estes exclusives from Hobby lobby a few months ago.
When I went to their website yesterday I found out that they no longer ship to Alaska and Hawaii!
And no Hobby Lobby stores in the state.
Bummed out.

Dont know how much this helps, but my Belleville order was stuck in Indiana for three weeks. I emailed my local postmaster (WA) inquiring about the issue along with the tracking info. 48 hours later I got an update from the postmaster saying he has no idea what is wrong. But, he directly contacted Indiana and had them go outside, scan it and put it on the truck. It arrived four days later!

so, after requesting a refund, now they tell me the boxes are in Memphis, TN. I sent back that I didn't want the boxes & had already reordered for someone else

Sooo, guess we'll see how this works out

I placed an order with Belleville just before Halloween. I had not heard anything, so I sent an email to their customer service address. They responded quickly yesterday with the USPS tracking infomation, shipped November 2nd. The tracking simply indicates "delayed." The problem is not Belleville. I also currently have the same issue with an order from AC Supply. Those have been consistently stalling in St. Louis during the last year. That one is not even showing as delayed, there is simply no scanning info since 4 November! Both items are stalled in the St. Louis post office.

Last edited:
Update - I just received the package from AC Supply, it took 10 days from them to get to St. Paul, MN. The package from Belleville is still delayed, but at least it moved from St. Louis to Des Moines.

I ordered from Belleville for the first time a couple weeks ago. I put a comment in the comments box that shipping seamed high. Big box came middle of last week. On Friday I get a letter from Belleville.
It was a check for overcharged shipping with an apology note.
Sent in a second order, this time all Quest Kits. First one was all Custom Kits.
Although I missed out on the free shipping month, I like the selection and prices.
But for Estes, even if they are a little higher at AC, I'll order the Estes stuff from AC because of free shipping over $100.
And honestly, who places a rocket order for less than $100?
My hardest part is of placing an order is getting the cost down to a reasonable amount!

New update: I'm on vacation and had my mailed held at the post office. I just checked the tracking on my package from Belleville and it arrived and is being held at my post office. It came a few days after I deposited the refund check from Belleville. AAAARRRGGHHH! Now I'm going to have to pay them back and I've pretty much spent the money. Oh well, at least it came.

Last Update, I promise: I sent a check to Belleville to pay for the stuff that finally came. As I said above, Ron Becherer, the owner sent me a refund check for the stuff. Keep in mind, the refund check came three months after I placed the order. The shipment came a few days after the refund check.

Here's the thing that chaps my behind - Before I could turn around and send him a check he called me twice and sent me a handwritten letter asking for the check! Are you kidding me?! I gotta be honest, I was tempted to tell him that he'd get my check...in three months. I took the high road and I sent the check out, actually before his handwritten letter got to me. I didn't like the delay, but you know, stuff happens—but his multiple contacts asking for his money pushed me over the edge. No more business from me, I don't care what their prices are. I thought he had sold the company, but I guess he just retired from daily activities. Funny that all this crap came after he retired.

P.S He put a p.s. at the bottom of his letter to me. He said there were 14 other shipments from that same day that were stuck in St. Louis with mine. He said the day after Biden made his election speech every one of them started moving. Whatever. If he had the ability to see that they were moving then why did it take him over three months to do anything?

Back