Belleville Order - Anyone else have this kind of delay?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markschnell

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Eleven weeks and 59 business days since I place an order through Belleville Wholesale. I have heard some people here say that they were terrible about getting orders out, but the when I checked the tracking info if it says that USPS had the order and it went out on August 7. I was assured by Terri at Belleville on Sept. 14 that it was fine and the USPS was just way behind because of Covid. I've got another email in to them now, waiting to hear back. Anyone else ever have an almost three month wait time from them, or any other company during Covid?

I've had similar. Order was sent but tracking wasn't updated. I got concerned that there was issue but it did eventually come. For the price I couldn't complain about less than great shipping.

I think mine took 8 weeks or so, so here's hoping yours is en route

After 7 weeks, I submitted a missing package report to the USPS. Two weeks later they finally responded. They email heading stated"Your service request has been resolved!" However, the text stated something like "we still have no clue where you package is - contact the shipper and have them send a new package out". Some resolution, huh?
They did reach out to the sorting facility. About a week later my package did finally show up.

I did speak to Belleville. They did explain if motors are in the package, the USPS cannot bring the package inside the building to be scanned (although why they can't use a portable scanner like they use when they deliver.....) so tracking is very spotty.

But I would recommend contacting the post office to try to kick them in gear,,,,,,,,,,

I did, am at 13 weeks and haven't seen a thing

I called Ron and got the same story.

If he knew this was a problem, he should have changed to another delivery service. I would have paid the difference.

I've ordered recently from two diff vendors (not Belleville) and both orders here within 10 days. My cigars get here in 6 days (usps) and they're hazardous materials.., no?

Last edited:
The first and last time I ordered from Belleville, was last year. It took at least a couple months, and there was no tracking or any other communication after I ordered (I called in my order, to be sure the items were in stock). Shipping was only a couple days based on postmark, as I’m just one state away. I can only speculate why it took so long.

That's why I always choose/pay extra and go Fedex. They're the most expensive but I placed an order to be shipped ground from Colorado on Friday afternoon and at 4:30 this (Monday) morning, I received another email from Fedex stating it's on the truck set for delivery today.

Thanks for the feedback. I won't worry, I guess. Their savings weren't really any better than what I can get from Hobby Lobby on BP Estes stuff, but the prices on the Quest composite bulk packs was pretty awesome, then they had free shipping to boot. Luckily this hasn't kept me from launching, I was just stocking up. First world problems...:rolleyes:

I recently sent two 16" long antennas for a W-F/X wireless from Illinois to California via USPS Priority Mail. It took 41 days to arrive. No explanation from USPS other than delayed for CV-19 crisis.

About that same time, I shipped a 10 pound W-F/X shipment via UPS "ground" also to California. It got there in 5 days. I will admit that normally that would only take three days, but during this crisis, neither I nor my customer were complaining.

So it might not have anything to do with Belleville.........

Just FYI .....

Brad, the "Rocket Rev.," Wilson

Thanks for the feedback. I won't worry, I guess. Their savings weren't really any better than what I can get from Hobby Lobby on BP Estes stuff, but the prices on the Quest composite bulk packs was pretty awesome, then they had free shipping to boot. Luckily this hasn't kept me from launching, I was just stocking up. First world problems...:rolleyes:
Yup, best prices to be found on Q-Jet bulk packs, by far, even with shipping, as long as you stayed just under magic numbers ($24 for < $100, $32 for < $200).

Missouri man's packages in standstill, collecting dust at USPS facility due to postal service delays
Updated 1 hr ago | Posted on Oct 27, 2020

He sent News 4 three tracking numbers for packages that should be headed out of state. Instead of going to those destinations, USPS’s tracking system shows they’ve been sitting at the Hazelwood Regional Distribution Center since September.

https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_ne...0-57ee-856b-e181d6d5b236.html?block_id=994530
The USPS has reported delays in postal service across the nation because of the pandemic. They reported that 27 percent of track mail was considered late.

Last edited:
Update: Ron Becherer from Belleville called me yesterday. He filed a claim on my shipment with the USPS. He filed eight other claims on stuff that shipped out on that same day. He said he talked to consumer affairs and they think they are all sitting in St. Louis. He offered to give me a refund if I can't wait any longer. I don't need a refund, I just want to make sure it's still coming. I appreciate him calling me directly, especially with the transfer of the business that is happening.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it. I am weighing my options for my first (and last) order with Belleville hobby - they're right across the river from me in St. Louis but I do not have time to drive over there anytime soon so I will let the postal services handle it for me.

Ordered from Belleville Wholesale Hobby enough stuff to qualify for free delivery, engines included, on October 29 and the package arrived today 8 days later from Illinois to an adjacent state. Second order from them and very happy with the speed of delivery, selection and prices.

Very easy to deal with.

Ordered from Belleville Wholesale Hobby enough stuff to qualify for free delivery, engines included, on October 29 and the package arrived today 8 days later from Illinois to an adjacent state. Second order from them and very happy with the speed of delivery, selection and prices.

Very easy to deal with.
I'm glad it went so well for you. Still waiting here, while the USPS gets their crap together.

Last edited:
Something doesn't smell right here, and this isn't the first that I've heard of this issue with this vendor. I do a TREMENDOUS amount of business online, including the last 11 months. Like I average 2-3 packages a day, amazon and ebay, mostly, and plenty of international purchasing.

NOT ONE SINGLE TIME have I had ANY packages that didn't scan, nor took more than 10 days to get anywhere other than ordering stuff from China during their New Year shut down or media mail. Being in Virginia Beach, VA, I'm certainly not a regional hub.

Just this week I got stuff from China in 9 days, England in 7, and Latvia in 8....and that includes the walk through customs. Cali never takes more than 7 days, either.

Bellville, IL is right across the river from St. Louis. THAT is a hub, and probably where their stuff routes through. I have a friend that two weeks ago stopped by the Sierra bullet plant in Sedalia, MO. He got some free swag. Mailed it to me from the local post office there, continued on his journey to the west coast. 5 days later, swag in my hand.

Professionally I just mailed 17 pounds of burnt transformers from VA to Ohio for an engineering investigation. Paid lowest rate, got there in 4 days.

Onesies, twosies I would believe......but a preponderance of packages coming from one business taking an inordinate amount of time and getting lost/delayed? No, just does not fit my experience with the USPS.

Last edited:
Agreed @Banzai88 , but it seems to have been a regular thing with Belleville. The business just changed hands so maybe things will be different for orders placed after Nov. 1. The people at Belleville point fingers at the USPS, which like you, has never been my experience.

All I know is that I placed an order for over a hundred bucks on August 1 and it ain't here yet! o_O:mad:

FedEx and UPS are spot on for tracking and estimates. I've had UPS be delayed a day but due to storms or the like. USPS has been -1 day (a day early) or +2 weeks for me. USPS is hit or miss depending on where it goes. If it goes through St. Louis, add a minimum of a week to your time. I had a package to missing for 2 weeks until I went into my local post office and asked how to file a claim. Then amazingly it was here 2 days later. If you have a tracking number and are waiting more than 2 weeks, go to your local post office and file a claim.

Thanks for the suggestion @heada . I'm going to do just that. Ron Becherer from Belleville told me that the customer affairs rep from the USPS told him it was probably sitting in St. Louis. Strange. I'm going to call Belleville one more time and then try the claim at my USPS.

Okay, I called Belleville and left a message. Ron Becherer called me right back. We had a good conversation (super nice guy, BTW) and he said he now has 14 packages that went out that same day that have not arrived. He's sending me a refund check right away. He asked that if it did finally show up someday to refuse the package, or if I wanted to keep the stuff to send him the money. If it does show up eventually, I will definitely keep it and send him the money then. I want those Q-Jets, the price was amazing.

He thinks they are still sitting in St. Louis or even possibly the truck was highjacked or destroyed due to a lot of protesting that has happened in that area and a lot of delivery trucks were destroyed in that. Who knows? Bottom line: It sucks, but stuff happens. He's making it right and I'm cool with that.

Side note: He went into great detail about conversations he's had with his local postmaster about how the USPS is operating these days and with specific things that are going on in St. Louis. Stuff like a ridiculous family leave policy related to Covid and employees being on leave for eight months and being paid the entire time, skeleton crews, and other things. Again, who knows. It's a big organization and a big country. I've had overwhelmingly good experiences with the USPS, even during Covid, but doesn't mean this one region isn't majorly messed up.

Back