Beer and Rocketry ?..or is Thrust-Aero trying to incorporate the two ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverleaf

Reaction score
Beer and Rockets...Rockets and Beer...

WHAT!!! No Pizza!

Hey, I didn't get this big eating rabbit food!

sandman

I have a secret supply of these. You should have seen the oddball ones I sold last week. What's even funnier is how much folks are willing to pay for them!$$$

I never mix beer with rockets. It's either Beer or Rockets not both.
Things that DO go with Beer:
Nuts
Cards
Horse Shoes
Bratwurst
Knockwurst
Pizza
....sorry.:D

Now wait a minute!

Beer and a rocketry bull session...those go together just fine!

But...not at the flying field of course.

sandman

Rotf, I might have to look into one of these taps, just to see if its a possibility, and no, I don't condone beer and rockets at the field either. 8)

Bottoms up..errr..I mean...Cheers,

Originally posted by Fishhead
Blackberry Wheat? That's not beer. It's Zima in disguise.

How about...Cherry Wheat!! AAARRRGHHH. Kinda like Ludens cherry cough drops and root beer!!! YYUUCCKK!

Regardless of what you think of the ATF :mad:, you can't deny this:

Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms

Might as well call it the "Department of Guys"!

Originally posted by NUBlackshirts
Flying_Silverad forgot to add FOOTBALL to the list of things that go with beer!!! :D
and ....

Curry,
crisps,
singing along (loudly) to "If the kids are united" by Sham 69 on the jukebox,
kebabs,
falling asleep on the bus home,
hangovers,
more beer.

;)

Beer and rockets...never tried both at the same time.

I have, however, done rum & Coke and rockets. I'm not telling where or when.

Originally posted by cydermaster
and ....

Curry,
crisps,
singing along (loudly) to "If the kids are united" by Sham 69 on the jukebox,
kebabs,
falling asleep on the bus home,
hangovers,
more beer.

;)
HEY CYDER you forgot

CYDER...lol:D :D :D

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
beer and rockets? bottle rockets?

That was on New Year's Eve when I launched 15 at once, clustering 3 to a bottle. You do the math to find out what my BAC was...

I'm what some would call a "beer snob", though I never really understood that term. If preferring a certain type of beer over another makes one a "beer snob", then we're all beer snobs.

Originally posted by gothique_97
I'm what some would call a "beer snob", though I never really understood that term. If preferring a certain type of beer over another makes one a "beer snob", then we're all beer snobs.

I think that means you know enough not to drink the 20 year old Rolling Rock that you find in your grandparent's refrigerator. Or maybe you just know better than to think that if a beer is low carb, it's actually a real beer.
I guess I'm not a snob. I grew up on Wiedemann and still enjoy the occasional PBR and Milwaukee's Best. Some of my favorite memories between 18 and 30 involved some of the USA's most noxious brews. (Some of which I paid premium prices for while on a post-finals trip to North Myrtle Beach in 1983. Like Black Label for $24 a case.)
That said, I also know a very good beer when I taste one. One of my favorite beer and rockets memories came during dinner after the Saturday sport launch at NARAM 43. We went to an Uno's in Rochester and they had 24 ounce schooners of Sam Adams to go along with our pizza. Can't get much better than that.

Back