beep! beep!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim:
I just got a funny picture in my head, could you add a Wiley E. Coyote head and arms to the side? It's be a scream!! maybe even a flat decal, thou a 3-d thing would be better

trouble maker Nhoj, Johns evil twin

OH! I get it! I now realize why this thread is titled "beep beep!" "Roadrunner! Beep Beep! The Coyote is after you!"

Jim,

I think you need to post a nice static picture of the "Acme" Rocket...

...Just to get us all drooling again!

Carl "I want one now" Tulanko

Originally posted by n3tjm
OH! I get it! I now realize why this thread is titled "beep beep!" "Roadrunner! Beep Beep! The Coyote is after you!"

alright, TRF'ers....

...all together now...

DUH...

:D :D :D

Micromister, i would LOVE to do that! but... ...the license for the roadrunner and/or Coyote would be outrageous... I even gave up on the Farside license and that's far cheaper!

Carl, yep I will get new static pix up soon (heck, I haven't even unpacked from Whitakers yet!) My sons room is FULL with my crates and he's coming home from college wednesday....

argh!! (but i love it :p )

OK, lemme see...Son's room...Rockets...Son's room...

Sucks to be your son! ;)

JK

Get one up as soon as you can bro, wish I would have taken one at Whitakers.

Carl

Swingwing!
It's gotta mean "Another Coyote Making Errors:) Noone could goof up that much without help!

I have Bt-50 version of the Far-Side rocket.. I'm gonna go find a Coyote to stick in a new fake cockpit on the side Te HEHE:D
Their coming to take me away He He their coming to take me away..

alright, TRF'ers....

...all together now...

DUH...

Somebody forgot that I know where they live! :kill: :D

I wasn't thinkin man.... but I did remember... I got up from bed... and it struck me like lightning! First thought in my mind.... then mother nature called..... :eek:

DUH
hey I got it...where did I see my first rocket...in cartoons!!!....hahaha....

*O NO he knows where I live too...going to hide my cases and rockets*

I'm just fooling with you Doug!!!!

Jim,

That's awesome! I can't wait for this one to become a kit! I can just picture the RSO's face. You should have seen him squirm when I showed him the DW!

ok, free kit to the first one to convince an RSO to let him cert to L2 with this design...

LOL

actually, I think it would be great, just for the pix of the RSO's face, for someone to build a 98mm MOCK UP of this beast, just for the reaction...

man oh man...

more pix to follow tomorrow

when you show that to the RSO, you better have a cardiac cart available close by

Originally posted by jflis
ok, free kit to the first one to convince an RSO to let him cert to L2 with this design...

Why is everyone looking at me?

Carl asked for some more static pix of this beast. I launched it the other day and a child running for it tripped and landed on it, snaping off one fin and a launch lug...

not a problem, simple repair, but still frustrating...

here is a profile pix (you can see where the launch lug standoff snapped off

Here is an end view showing the 24mm motor mount.

No engine hook (friction fit) and I will recommend in the instructions to reinforce the lower shroud to protect from dings and damage. If I can fit it on the sheet, I will cut the ring so that it sits on the bottom of the shroud. (note missing fin)

last pic for today :)

Front end with nose cone removed. You can see the complexity of the centering rings for this animal...

Note the location of the shock cord mount. This will probably be replaced with a knot through a hole in the centering ring. There is a nose block glued to the nose cone base. Note the notch taken out of the nose cone base ring. This was for proto typing so that I could easily change weight. The final kit will have a solid ring. There will also be instructions on how to reinforce the edge of the nose cone shroud, for strength.

A couple of points here:

- These photos are of the original proto type, not the kit. Upon creating the kit, another one will be built from kit parts and I will post photos of that as well.

- The paint scheme on this proto is NOT a part of the kit (too expensive, and besides, if we did that then all of them would look the same)

- This particular paint scheme WILL be available as a free download from our FREE DL area at fliskits.com, so you COULD download it and print it on lable paper, if you wish.

- This also gave me the thought that "Skins for the A.C.M.E. Spitfire" would make for an interesting DOM event where we would provide a blank outline of all the patterns that you could decorate for consideration as a DOM entry.

More to follow as we get closer to production
jim

Jim,

Congrats on that design! You are really going to identify all those rocketeers that grew up watching the RoadRunner shows! Can't wait to build one, and I think the idea of free wrapping paper on your site is a good one.

Do you have an estimate when this will be available in kit form? I bet the production kit #1 auction is going to bring in a very high dollar amount for this rocket. Nice work!

Russ

Thank you very much :) :)

I am hoping to have some firm information right after NSL. I am hoping that this will be our next kit after the NSL announcements, but we haven't made a firm commitment on that as of yet.

jim

I just got back from the CMASS Tewksbury Mass launch!

A little windy, but a great fly day anyway!

Here's another liftoff shot of the A.C.M.E. Spitfire

Needless to say, this launch got a LOT of attention LOL

I was cleaning off my bench and came upon this 34" long piece of BT-60 from Totally Tubular the seemed to have been stepped on...

I went out to the shop and decided to cut the crushed parts off with my band saw...

I kept cuting...One thing led to another...I found some colored construction paper...a motor tube...

Well, you know what happened next.

Sorry Jim, I decided not to wait for the kit...my version is a little longer.

Specs:
18mm motor mount (small fields)
about 24" long
Colored constuction paper covering a BT-60 main body.
Finished with a thin lined marker pen and a whole can of clear acrylic.

sandman

Stuff being pirated before its released!?! That sort of thing only normally happens with Star Wars films and that!

Nice job though sandman. :D

Ugly sandman, I would never want something like that...
ok Jim that will be $20 please.:D

No, I will NOT kit this...This one's for me!

LOL!

sandman

Originally posted by jflis
all i ask is, please don't kit this.
thanx.

Jim, you shouldn't have taunted us with the early glimpse!
I have also considered trying my hand at a knock-off, but
have instead been waiting for your kit . . . and waiting . . .
and waiting

Guys... Please do not bite the hand that feeds!! I LOVE seeing Fliskits previews.... we must be patient, or Jim may not share with us in the future. I want an ACME, but I can wait.... Besides, I have TONS of other projects to do, as I bet all of us do....

Back