BeeLine GPS/Transmitter Battery Charger

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAllen

Reaction score
What charger(s) are you guys using to charge your BeeLine GPS/Transmitter LiPo batteries? I lost my charger recently and am going to invest in a better quality charger and just wanted some opininos. I was looking at the Triton2 EQ AC/DC Charger but wanted user opinions on other chargers as well.

Thanks!

I'm using the one Greg sells.

Another option would be his new USB programming interface/charger.

-Kevin

I was using the charger that Greg sold, but he came out with the new USB interface with charger capability and I really like it a lot better.

The charger that Greg was selling was a universal cell phone charger and you could probably score a similar one on eBay. I have 2 - might be willing to part with one if you don't like the usb idea.

Mike

I do like the USB idea, but I don't see the new USB on his site. Is this an item I just need to contact him about?

Thanks.

Thanks! I'm gong to try and get two. I know I'll lose one before its all over as I already broke one and lost two of the other charger type.

I'm not entirely sure that I like the USB-charger option. After all, it means that you will have to keep your transmitter plugged into your computer, AND have your computer running, until charging is complete. Since a moderately-depleted battery can take the better part of two hours to charge, not everybody might be using their computer that long. :D

(Now, I haven't tried LiPo batteries yet... so I don't know how their charge time varies from NiMH or NiCds... :confused:)

I can picture using a USB charger as a 'topping-up' system - so that your battery doesn't get drained further while your device is connected to your computer for configuration or data-download... but I tend to prefer a stand-alone charger to do a complete charging.

Joe,
If you get it before you come up next weekend bring it along. Also bring your new radio with I want to check this bad boy out. I am working on studying for the my test and might try to take it before LDRS but time is running out fast.

Len_Lekx said:
Since a moderately-depleted battery can take the better part of two hours to charge, not everybody might be using their computer that long. :D

Huh? If you're not sure you're going to leave a computer on for a couple of hours (that's so foreign a concept to me - the only time my desktop is off is if there's an electrical storm in the area, or I'm gone for two or more days!) to charge your B or B/GPS, then go to an Apple store and pick up one of the little AC-to-5v chargers sold for the Ipods and Iphones. It's a little 1" x 1" x 1" cube, plugs into a wall socket, and has a port where you plug a USB cable into it. $19.95 at my local Apple store.

Len_Lekx said:
I can picture using a USB charger as a 'topping-up' system - so that your battery doesn't get drained further while your device is connected to your computer for configuration or data-download...

While your B or B/GPS is hooked up to the computer for configuration or downloading data, the B or B/GPS is powered by the USB port. You CAN hook the battery up at the same time, but the power load seems to be a wash you won't charge the battery, but you won't drag it down much either.

Last edited:
Huh? If you're not sure you're going to leave a computer on for a couple of hours (that's so foreign a concept to me - the only time my desktop is off is if there's an electrical storm in the area, or I'm gone for two or more days!)

Okay, I should have qualified my statement. When I configure my altimeters and GPS system, I usually do so with my notebook computer at the launchsite. That's when I need to have my computer on for as little time as possible... and so can't let it sit and charge an external battery from an internal one. :shock:

It's a personal choice, I know... I'd rather use a charger that is separate from my computer, so that a) my computer is available for other tasks, and b) I can move my computer without having to drag around a device that is being charged.

I'm funny that way... :D

When I configure my altimeters and GPS system, I usually do so with my notebook computer at the launchsite. That's when I need to have my computer on for as little time as possible... and so can't let it sit and charge an external battery from an internal one.

You could always pick up a simple power inverter for your vehicle so you can run your laptop for longer periods of time.

If you get it before you come up next weekend bring it along. Also bring your new radio with I want to check this bad boy out. I am working on studying for the my test and might try to take it before LDRS but time is running out fast.

I ordered two charges and extra batteries for both my trackers (BeeLine and BeeLine GPS). They shipped yesterday or this morning so I should have them by Friday.

Last edited:
Back