• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beautiful/Built Interceptor E for sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chanstevens

Reaction score
Ebay listing for an Estes Interceptor E I just finished. Auction ends Friday. The Interceptor has always been one of my favorite designs, and I was very impressed with the quality of this official upscale. The plastic parts are outstanding.

Long story short, I was going for about the best quality build I could muster, wanting to fly the beauty once then retire it for display, but I made two minor whoopsies--mounted the top fins pointed backwards, and managed to get one decal slightly out of alignment. It's a fine looking model, but the call for a do-over is just too great.

Opening bid is less than I paid for the kit itself, and the craftsmanship on this is right up there with some of my best models.

--Chan Stevens

That is a beautiful work there Chan!:) I know if I were to win the auction I would be MIGHTY proud to have it in my fleet..However, 2 things stop me from entering a bid: 1) Lack of funds and 2) I have 2 un-built Interceptor-E's in my 'Kit Room':rolleyes:

May you get what it is truly worth!:cheers:

I think the Interceptor looks pretty good with the fins on "backwards"
Maybe if you offered "overnight" shipping (so someone could get it in time for Christmas) you might get a few more bids?
Good luck with your auction!

I think the Interceptor looks pretty good with the fins on "backwards"
Maybe if you offered "overnight" shipping (so someone could get it in time for Christmas) you might get a few more bids?
Good luck with your auction!

The "backward" fins look more normal. I think I just mounted them from muscle memory, definitely didn't bother reading the instructions building this one.

I decided to kill a couple evenings and build a standard 18mm Interceptor, making sure I got the fins on the correct way this time. I think it does look a bit snazzier that way. Still, my goofed up E is not too bad for a "factory second".

Wow...
I have said it before and I will say it again..
Chan, you do marvelous work.

If I didn't have one in the build pile I would be tempted to buy this one and pass it off as my own!
:D

Back