"BEAR" ALTIMETERS ???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bear altimeters are out of France. They are simple to fly altimeters.

Unless I'm mistaken, he has the skinniest deployment altimeter you can buy. Good products. Also if you really want to make your own from scratch he has documented boards, components, code, and everything else on github.
Ken

Unless I'm mistaken, he has the skinniest deployment altimeter you can buy. Good products. Also if you really want to make your own from scratch he has documented boards, components, code, and everything else on github.
Ken
Yes!

I have a few of those altimeters but haven’t had the opportunity to fly them yet. Altiuno and Altiduo if I remember correctly. You can get them as a kit or pre-assembled. Hoping to fly them this winter.

I have an altiduo mini. Bought it as a kit over 7 or 8 years ago. Harder to put together than an eggtimer. It’s so small, to program it, you have to remove the chip, there is no usb, or manual programming on the mini at all. Loved the fact the software is on GitHub, I learned a lot from his code, it is very, very well documented and structured. I think it was the first time I had seen a working Kalman filter outside of a textbook.

https://github.com/bdureau/AltiDuoMini/blob/master/AltiDuo_attiny84_filter.ino

I've ordered some units from Boris (Bear Altimeters). At first I had some trouble, but Boris has been extremely helpful. I got a replacement unit today (Alti Uno ver 2.2 smt). I just tested it with a 1S Lipo 3.7 volt battery and a light bulb and then with an e-match and it worked fine. I am looking forward to trying this in some of my own applications.

Attachments

• IMG_1781.JPG
    IMG_1781.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
It’s hard to appreciate just how small this little guy is! I have not flown it yet, but with all ground testing I have done it pops the match/light at the same time as my Raven. I got this one to use as a minimalistic backup.

Attachments

• 28CA6DCA-23E7-498B-8068-E1F7BFAC1606.jpeg
    28CA6DCA-23E7-498B-8068-E1F7BFAC1606.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I have an altiduo mini. Bought it as a kit over 7 or 8 years ago. Harder to put together than an eggtimer. It’s so small, to program it, you have to remove the chip, there is no usb, or manual programming on the mini at all. Loved the fact the software is on GitHub, I learned a lot from his code, it is very, very well documented and structured. I think it was the first time I had seen a working Kalman filter outside of a textbook.

https://github.com/bdureau/AltiDuoMini/blob/master/AltiDuo_attiny84_filter.ino
Thank you all for the nice comments I am having fun developing those and would like to thanks people that have bought boards because it has allow me to invest and continuously improve them. I got the Kalman filter from Cris (@Cerving eggtimer rocketry who also does some affordable and reliable Arduino based altimeters) . The idea is and has always be to be able to have affordable altimeters especially for people living in Europe because it is expensive to import US altimeters.
I have tried out all sorts of boards:
- baro or gyro based altimeters
- dataloggers, gimbal
- servo or ematches outputs
- GPS to find you rocket
and also some boards for motor testStand
half of my boards can connect to a phone or Android tablet and share the result using Whatsapp, email etc ...
latest board firmware can be flash from your Android device
Android apps have been translated to many languages
all the code is available on github for those who wan to contribute. Note that you do not have to be a developer to contribute, new ideas to improve the user interface or bug reports are welcome

Back