Battle Park VA - Dec 12 & 13

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Tripoli Central Virginia is hosting a Tripoli launch this December at their Battle Park launch site. Saturday, Dec 12th will be a commercial motor launch while Sunday, Dec 13th will be a research launch.

Check the BattlePark website for details.

https://battlepark.org

Looking forward to getting some flying in. Got a Green M1647 load for Sunday to fly in my Cherokee D.

Ben

Am I going to have to find an L for Rocketry 201 so I can keep the top altitude for the day? How high you planning on flying?

Ill supply the L if needed :p Around 8k feet. I can load a K1750 in my dads Tomahawk for 13k feet if needed so don't even try me ;) :neener:

Ben

That should put it about 11,000. Think Mike or Will will be there with their Walstons?

Tom Rackers has the NOVAAR Walston receiver and my transmitter. I'm going to try and go to the NOVAAR meeting on Tuesday because Jim Barrowman will be there. I'll ask Tom if he can bring the Walston...

I have the club "rockethunter" system and you may use that.

The weather report is for snow and rain all day Sunday. The front could be seen moving in Saturday afternoon. Although it didn't hurt Saturday's launch, other then a low ceiling late.

The weather report is for snow and rain all day Sunday. The front could be seen moving in Saturday afternoon. Although it didn't hurt Saturday's launch, other then a low ceiling late.

sorry we couldn't make it yesterday. Had stuff going on and it looked horrible for today!

Ben

I posted the cancellation of Sundays launch on the website Saturday night. Sunday was a definite washout.

Saturday was a pretty good day. Lot's of "spectacular" flights. Had a J1999N blow a fwd closure about 50ft up. Rained burning propellant and rocket parts. Ivan had a J570 (?) blow a nozzle on the pad. The rocket jumped a couple of feet up and one of the grains blew out, bounced off the pad, and hit Brian next to the LCO table. It didn't hurt him at all, it was moving pretty slow by the time it got all the way back to the table and most important, it wasn't burning. Had a fire in the corn stalks after a M1225 (?) Skidmark was used for a L3 cert flight. Had to break the ice in the water barrel to get the buckets filled. Didn't burn up any launch equipment so that was good. I used shovel recovery on my Packer Backer when it lawn darted. Just needs a few inches of BT replaced and it'll fly again.

All in all, a good time was had by all.

Back