CANCELLED Battle Park Launch - Nov. 17 and 18

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2011
Messages
5,985
Reaction score
11
Due to the fields not drying out because they are already saturated and the expected 1" or more of rain/sleet/snow on Thursday, we are having to cancel the Nov launch.

See you at the Dec. 8th and 9th launch.

Ben Russell
 
Well, there goes my back-up plan. Clear skies, no wind, mild, and no one has a dry field. :(:(:(:(
 
Well, there goes my back-up plan. Clear skies, no wind, mild, and no one has a dry field. :(:(:(:(

Seems to be a thing in our region. Still watching the weather for Bayboro, as it's the only local one that hasn't canx'd (yet).
 
Well, I wasn't going to make it anyway...leaving Friday for the OBX for a week - Thanksgiving and fishing the banks.
See you December...I hope.
 
Well that sucks, MDRA cancelled so I was gonna try culpeper for the first time but I guess not :/
As far as I know NOVAAR is still flying on Saturday (haven't seen a cancellation email, which they almost always send out), so as long as you weren't planning on flying EX or really high, that's an option
 
As far as I know NOVAAR is still flying on Saturday (haven't seen a cancellation email, which they almost always send out), so as long as you weren't planning on flying EX or really high, that's an option
That's the problem, my two motors were my first EX and a J so NOVAAR is out of the question.
 
That's the problem, my two motors were my first EX and a J so NOVAAR is out of the question.
You can fly J motors at NOVAAR - Just wouldn't recommend going over 3k' if you want to get it back (1.5k' if it's single-deploy).
 
Weather forecast for this weekend looks cold but good. We may finally get to fly rockets at Battlepark this season. I plan to fly my Frenzy XXL on a M1810 on Saturday. If the mud has dried up.
 
They just announced that the launch has been postponed until December 15-16 due to wet field conditions. Same weekend as MDRA so I won't be there.
 
Back
Top