Basic tool kit?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been building rockets and watching others build them for awhile now, my suggestion

81GdHJmfDRL._AC_SX425_.jpg
I am not a doctor nor do I play one on the internetz.

All of my vehicles have large first aid kits, the family sedan has two: Small glove box kit and a larger kit in the trunk.

While typing this in, I realized I have NO tourniquets in any of the kits.

Alexa, Tourniquets!

If you plan on using epoxy, get nitrile gloves.

If you use a dremel or drill, get eye protection.

For the time being, forget about painting in doors because you won’t be able to find an appropriate mask for a while.

A good cutting mat would also be helpful.
Also a couple hobby knives and blades

Alexa, Tourniquets!

What you want is the C-A-T Resources Tourniquet. The real thing, there were some imposters on the market a few years ago that broke under enough tension to be useful. These are easy enough to apply on yourself if the need would ever arise. If you are making a tourniquet for someone else, a belt will work just fine too. We had a guy whose left was amputated in motorcycle accident and a bystander had a tourniquet from his belt properly applied before we arrived and kept the blood loss to a minimum. He most likely saved the patient's life.

What you want is the C-A-T Resources Tourniquet. The real thing, there were some imposters on the market a few years ago that broke under enough tension to be useful. These are easy enough to apply on yourself if the need would ever arise. If you are making a tourniquet for someone else, a belt will work just fine too. We had a guy whose left was amputated in motorcycle accident and a bystander had a tourniquet from his belt properly applied before we arrived and kept the blood loss to a minimum. He most likely saved the patient's life.
Yessir. That would be the one.

After making rockets for years I finally got around to building a fin jig like this. I can't believe I hadn't done this years ago.:angiefavorite:

Attachments

• GFinJig1.jpg
    GFinJig1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 23
  • GFinJig2.jpg
    GFinJig2.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 23
  • GFinJig3.jpg
    GFinJig3.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 21
I am not a doctor nor do I play one on the internetz.

All of my vehicles have large first aid kits, the family sedan has two: Small glove box kit and a larger kit in the trunk.

Alexa, Tourniquets!
@o1d_dude My brother has two hunting dogs, Black Labs. When he's out with them he always carries some CA just in case they wound themselves. CA was developed to seal wounds in Vietnam. So you med kits should also have some CA in them.

Clothes pins, clamps, Estes Fin Alignment tool are nice to have, but not essential.
I brought the fin alignment tool a long time ago and never used it..why...because of the engine hook. The hook gets in the way of the base, so can you or someone explain what I should be doing to use the tool.

Back