BARnaversary?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cabernut

Reaction score
Holy cow! It's been 1 year now since launching my son's Estes Taser on an A8-3 brought me back into rocketry as a BAR.

One year ago:
I didn't know anyone other than Estes made rockets.
I didn't know there was anything other than BP motors made by Estes.
I didn't know there was such a thing as a G motor. :confused:
I was looking for something for my son and I to do outside away from computers.
Had a hair-brained idea to visit a hobby shop - hey rockets! I remember these!
Out at the park, I remembered how to load it up, put the key in, counted down, and Woooosh!
I smelled that burnt black powder smell and it all came back.:drool:
Hooked again!

We launched twice that day, I let my son press the button for the second while I recorded:

[youtube]9_9K_qXhL0U[/youtube]

I've come far from a year ago but still have much, MUCH more ahead.:cool:

Do any of you have a BARnaversary?

Uh- no. Surrounded by 40 years of "rocket crap" (Per the Viking Princess' description) and she'd prefer I fly R/C locally rather than trips to the desert. And yet, I don't care what size rocket you fly-it's still a thrill each and every time one flies. Celebrate your return and welcome back to the smoke, brother!

I place mine somewhere in the middle of July 2015, when I went to a Radical Rocketeers Club Launch and was pretty much hooked. My "didn't know" list was pretty close to yours. Composite motors? Reloads? Dual deploy? What is this sorcery! :)

Third Sunday in July 2012 would be mine. Took my son to a DARS launch after he got an Estes Code Red for his fourth birthday. Dang, I'm in deep in only four years. Still fly that Code Red, probably 75 flights at this point.

Mine was January 3rd 2015, when I decided to attend a local club launch. I had a midpower rocket built by the next launch and it got out of hand from there...

Back