BAR Fleet No. 132 - Quest Nike-K

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milehigh

Reaction score
Hi, All,
I just finished up this fun build of an OOP Quest Aerospace kit, the Nike-K (Kit 2002).
It was a fun, easy build which turned out fairly nice. Even though the kit is designed to be built and flown as is, I took the time to fill body tube and launch lug seams and paint the model. The fin can and transition were brush painted. Kit supplied decals are stick-on, and I also added a waterslide checkerboard band on the payload section, a black band above the fin can, and decals of the fleet number and my old NAR number.
Look forward to flying this attractive bird.

132 Nike K 01.PNG
132 Nike K 03.PNG

Model Type: Sport, Payloader
Quest Aerospace Kit No. 2002
Motor Type: 18mm x 70mm
Recovery: Parachute
Nose Type: 2.76 Caliber Tangent Ogive, Plastic
Fin Type: Trapezoidal, Plastic Fin Can
Number of Fins: 4
Length: 23.4 in. (59.8cm)
Diameter: 1.378 in. (35mm)
Weight empty: 2.45 oz. (69.6g)
Color scheme: Body Tubes-White
Fin Can & Transition – Orange
Nose – White
Multi-Color Trim & Markings
Completion date: April 13, 2021

Last edited:
Thanks,
This is a long out-of-production Quest kit that was an adaptation of an even earlier MPC kit, the Nike Patriot.

Very nicely done. The decals add a nice touch. I didn't realize this was modified from the MPC Nike Patriot. Used to have one of those.

Hi, Stewman,
Thankee!

If you're interested in building one of these, Quest Aerospace still stocks the individual parts and YORP has the kit instruction and decal scans.

This was a fun old kit. Only issue I had with it was the fit of the coupler into the lower tube. I felt the shoulder was too short and allowed the upper section to wobble a bit too much. I hollowed out the center coupler and added a baffle into the upper tube and did normal nose cone ejection. Great flying rockets that still show up on eBay from time to time at a reasonable cost.

I guess I'll need to go see if I can find another one. I love the old Quest kits.

Back