Balsa Machining Service?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenobi65

Reaction score
I've sent a couple of e-mails to Balsa Machining Service over the past week, enquiring about ordering some parts from them, and haven't gotten any reply. Does anyone know if they're on vacation or something?

From everything I've ever heard / read about them, I wouldn't expect them to be unresponsive, unless there was something up.

Thanks!

Mike

IF memory serves..you'd be better off calling them, as they tend to be slow to email replies.

Yeah, I know, my opinion is IF a company has a website, they darn well should have an active email account that is monitored and answered in a timely fashion. Not everyone likes to call long distance just to see if a company has a product in stock, or to place an order. Its 2004 for goodness sakes..

*steps down off soapbox*

Cheers,

I placed an order with BMS Via fax on Friday and recieved the full order yesterday by FedEx.
I have not tried email but have had no problems contacting them by phone.

This time of year is "Spring Break".

Totally Tubular's excuse was that he was "stuck" on the beach in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Stuff like that can happen with "One Man Shows" Like BMS, Totally Tubular...and me...maybe next year...

sandman

Originally posted by sandman
This time of year is "Spring Break".

Totally Tubular's excuse was that he was "stuck" on the beach in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Stuff like that can happen with "On Man Shows" Like BMS, Totally Tubular...and me...maybe next year...

Yeah, I figured that spring break might be an issue (he, like me, is in suburban Chicago, and a lot of our schools were off last week.) That's why I didn't get antsy until now...

I'll give him a call...sounds like that might be a better avenue.

Thanks for the advice!

If i place an order I either fax it or call it in. It always helps to place a phone call with the fax or e-mail just to follow up. I usually get my stuff within 4 bussiness days for my orders which is fine by me:D

Hmmm, I placed an order via email with BMS on a Thursday night, had my package Monday morning at work.
And that was over the Easter weekend.

I placed another email order with them last night. I got an email response today from them saying some parts were out of stock and would be sent when available.

Back