Balsa Machining Service

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiser

Reaction score
I ordered some composite motor reloads from BMS on Wednesday and that evening I realized I needed case lube. I called them yesterday to add a tube to my order but it turned out they had already shipped my order. They graciously offered to send out a small packet of case lube that should be enough lube for this batch of reloads at no charge. Fast shipping and nice people to boot!

-Bob

I don't order commercial motors often, but when I do, I order from BMS.

Best prices year round, super fast shipping.

And Bill is a one man show. That and he starts at 6 am. I order one day and it's ready the next. I count myself very lucky he's only 5 minutes away. No HAZMAT ever.

So, I'm looking on www.balsamachining.com, and was going to email [email protected], but I get an undeliverable message stating "Domain balsamachining.com has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (5/5 (100%)) allowed. Message discarded. "

I'm ultimately trying to find a BT-80 to BT-55 (3 1/8" long) transition to build an upscale Aerobee 300. Does anyone know who can provide such cone/transition without it costing an arm/leg? Or if it even exists? I guess I could get the BT-80 to BT-60 transition and sand it down to fit a BT-55... ?

Thanks for all the suggestions! Gordon is hooking me up with a balsa transition - should be here next week. I was also looking at 3D printing service(s), but was unsure of how/if that would meet my needs and if pricing was within my "budget". I'll definitely check out the forum though; this isn't my last project to tackle.

Back